View Full Version : What's better?

easahk
22nd April 2008, 08:59 PM
Which will provide a better connection the usb stick by vodafone or the USB modem 7.2? also by vodafone

Help appreciated. :)

chaslam
22nd April 2008, 09:29 PM
The USB Pebble modem (7.2) provides a slightly better connection, but the USB stick is alot more convenient. Go for the Stick modem. I deal with them everyday and they are so useful just to hook onto your keys and use as you go.

easahk
22nd April 2008, 09:49 PM
The thing is I have the macbook air and it won't fit tho It comes with an extension this would make the usb stick pointless, so is it better to get the USB Modem 7.2?

Or am I missing something?!

chaslam
22nd April 2008, 10:01 PM
Ah I see, then yes, yet the Pebble modem.

Hands0n
22nd April 2008, 11:59 PM
Hmm, you could get a shorter USB extension cable than the one supplied with the USB Stick :D I know that is sort of defeating the object but the Stick is a bit good in the spec department. It is fully HSDPA and HSUPA compliant - I am not entirely sure about the USB Pebble. The USB Stick is definitely smaller than the Pebble, and if you ever get to hanging a USB mini-hub like a few of our 'Air users are doing the Stick will reveal its advantage of being compact.

Either way, Pebble or Stick, they are both going to look huge against the Macbook Air :D

Ben
23rd April 2008, 12:13 AM
The stick definitely doesn't fit in the Air without the extension cable?

Hands0n
22nd May 2008, 09:05 PM
The Stick will fit the Air without the extension cable, but it is a very tight fit. I have seen one or two blogs where someone took a file to the casing of the Stick just to get it to fit into the Air that little bit easier :eek:

AppleFanatic
11th June 2008, 11:05 AM
I agree with Chaslam...I would say 7.2 modem might be slightly worse because of USB is just so much more convient. I know some people that have it and have no complaints. Haven't heard to much about the other one though first hand!