View Full Version : New LG SECRET with 3G

Ben
24th April 2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/news/2008/04/24/LG-Unveils-Impressive-Chocolate-Shine-Successor/p1

Looks good. LG seem to be making something of a name for themselves in mobile.

miffed
24th April 2008, 06:26 PM
I have to be honest , I like LG as a manufacturer -Back when everyone else was coming out with,Frankly, rubbish .... LG came out with the u8110 (I think it was called - seems so long ago I can't remember !! ) And it absolutely blew the likes of NEC , Motorola , and even the early 3G Nokias away IMO , in fact I reckon that particular handset wouldn't look too far out of place today even ! (in terms of features , styling and perfomance)

...IIRC the only thing LG did wrong , was that they launched the same handset over and over again :) ,

Since then , I have bought a Prada (for me ) and a shine for my daughter - I have to be honest , I don't find the UI on either of those to be a lot more pleasant than the old u8110 !!
I honestly feel LG are a very "capable" company that could be great if they weren't so happy being mediocre !

Hands0n
24th April 2008, 08:54 PM
A workmate has only just shelved his U8110 in favour of an iPhone this very week! I still have a couple of U8xxx in my box of bits. As you say, they do not look out of place against today's handsets. Well ahead of their time, they were.

maxspank
29th April 2008, 09:32 PM
Now that is a sexy phone, I've never even considered getting an LG before, but the drool on my keyboard tells me that I want the LG secret.

andys_mf
23rd May 2008, 09:52 AM
Been wanting this phone for ages, i've just ordered mine sim free from mobile fun - i spoke to them and they have them in stock so I should get mine tomorrow. will llet you know how it is when i get it tomorrow. don't know how many they've got left but this is where i got mine: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/16442.htm

getti
23rd May 2008, 12:11 PM
Should be out on T-Mobile any day too. I will post up some photos once stock comes in :)

3GScottishUser
23rd May 2008, 02:16 PM
Looks a nice phone. If the camera is as good as the one on the Viewty then it'll be a winner.

Don't know why they call it a 'secret' when everybody knows about it!!

whatleydude
24th May 2008, 10:56 AM
I've got one. Not a fan.