View Full Version : SE K600i coming to Orange + Vodafone

3GScottishUser
12th May 2005, 09:07 AM
From Mobile Today (11/05/2005)

Sony Ericsson’s super-slim 3G megapixel phone, the K600i, will be available on Vodafone and Orange, but not 3, Mobile understands.

Sony Ericsson’s marketing manager, Richard Dorman, said the handset had secured operator support, although he would not confirm the name of the operators.

The handset, which is expected to appear in shops by July, is understood to be too expensive for 3’s portfolio, although Dorman described the pricing as ‘mid-range’.

Sony Ericsson has also secured widespread operator backing for the two-megapixel K750i camera phone, and T-Mobile has agreed terms for a bespoke variant device, the D750i. Stores are expected to start stocking the device by the end of this month.

Full Story: http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman-test/publish/article_365.shtml

Ben
12th May 2005, 12:18 PM
Sounds very speculative, but it certainly wouldn't do 3 any good not to have this handset in their portfolio. Surely it has nothing to do with price with the 6680 selling for free? Oh well, looks like we'll see soon enough. You have to wonder when they say 'appear in shops in July' though. Surely July will be when it appears as 'coming soon' on the Orange website, and it'll be more like December before they're finished cannibalising it.

Jon3G
26th May 2005, 06:01 PM
The SE range look very impressive and I dont think 3 would have the buying power to get this handset unless, the Dealers agreed a sim free deal like with the 6680

RichH6109
26th May 2005, 11:15 PM
I wish we had some firm release dates for SE phones. There's still radio silence over the z800i and I refuse to believe there'll the K600i will be out in July.

Jon3G
27th May 2005, 09:35 AM
Well just look at the 6680. It was a digital picture in Jan and now its here. At least the pics are real with the SE errors