View Full Version : Vodafone - 'Stop The Clock'

3GScottishUser
12th May 2005, 09:15 AM
Just saw this from Vodafone.

It looks very attractive. Chat for up to an hour off-peak and at weekends and pay for just 3 minutes! Applies to 3G, PAYG/Contract GSM.

How it works.

You can call all standard UK landlines and mobile networks, so no matter what network your friends and family use you don't have to worry about the cost.

Whether you're on one of our pay monthly, pay as you talk, or 3G price plans, you benefit from Vodafone Stop The Clock right through the weekend. Plus on weekdays between 7pm and 8am if you pay monthly, or between 7.30pm and 7.30am if you pay as you talk.

If you talk for more than an hour, you'll just pay for the first three minutes plus any extra time. This will be taken from your monthly inclusive minutes if you pay monthly, or if you're on pay as you talk, you'll need at least three minutes of credit.

Once your hour is up you'll go back to your inclusive minutes or standard rate charges. So you can make as many calls as you like, chat for up to 60 minutes and only be charged for the first three minutes of each call.

Vodafone Stop The Clock is available to new and existing customers, if you pay monthly or pay as you talk.

Vodafone Stop The Clock is automatically included with all our new 18-month Anytime monthly price plans, as well as our 3G price plans when you buy online.

Full Details (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cgi-bin/COUK/portal/ep/browse.do?channelPath=%2FVodafone+Portal%2FGet+mor e+from+your+mobile%2FCoverage+and+price+plans%2FVo dafone+Stop+The+Clock&BV_SessionID=@@@@1405783045.1115885380@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddeijkikhfcflgcegjdgnfdffn.0)

solo12002
12th May 2005, 12:26 PM
Once again networks fail to understand what ppl realy want. We all want fair priced calls to any network at anytime, why do they still go down the path of getting you to do there work as in O2 rewards you have to sign up for them, why not cut call charges.

Orange spend £10 per week to get £5 pounds back, might be better of on contract.

Vodafone well stop the crap you have to face paying 30 ppm for calls during the day in the first place no big deal.

Most users would be better of on a crap network (three) or go to fresh, easy mobile or even virgin for cheaper call costs.

In this day and age, we the users should not be screwed for calling other net works, nor should we be screwed by high call charges, some networks charge 10,15 for peak calls why are some charging 30p plus?

I still have to question the cost, how much does it cost the networks to charge you then refund you? if easy moible were to keep ther prices as low as 6p and texting 2p, i know were I go never mond easy pasy,stop the crap or 10% pay back.

Hands0n
28th May 2005, 11:43 PM
easyMobile may have to keep their low tariff beyond end June, but we'll have to wait and see. It is really spooky making such cheap calls and sending such cheap texts on easyMobile. I've got the SIM happily running in an LG U8110 recently acquired, and it is "cooking on gas" as they say.

I agree that these confusing "deals" are a major distraction for me. I want something that I can clearly understand, that does not have any funky catch 22s, twists, turns, or blind alleys. Voda's Stop the Clock is a noble effort, but why go to all that trouble?

I, also, would like to see a new era of straightforwardness introduced into the tariffing by the mobile ops.