View Full Version : The new limited edition Ferrari phone only from Vodafone

Jon3G
12th May 2005, 12:48 PM
Vodafone and Ferrari have teamed up to create two limited edition handsets.

The 902SH Ferrari Edition Handset (above left) includes:

• Exclusive Ferrari design
• Special games and graphics
• Advanced 2 megapixel CCD camera with 2x optical zoom and auto focus
• 3G (UMTS) and GSM / GPRS tri-brand
• Dimensions: 50 x 102 x 26 mm (DxHxW)
• Weight : 149g
• Bluetooth®, USB and infrared support
The GX25 Ferrari Edition Handset (above right) includes:

• Exclusive Ferrari design
• Special games and graphics
• 310k-pixel CMOS camera
• GSM tri-brand
• Dimensions: 23.5 x 92 x 46 mm (DxHxW)
• Weight : 90g
• Bluetooth®, USB and infrared support

The Ferrari handsets are limited edition and not available in all Vodafone markets. Below is a list outlining which handsets are available where:

Vodafone Market GX25 FE 902 FE Contact No.

Austria Yes No 0800664664

Greece Yes Yes 13830*

Hungary Yes No 1270*

Malta Yes No 021482820

Netherlands No Yes 0654500100

Slovenia Yes No 080404040

Spain Yes Yes 1444*

Sweden Yes No 0708222222

UK Yes No 0800 068 6570

* = From a Vodafone mobile or from fixed line.

We are sorry if the Ferrari Edition handset is not available in your market. However, do keep visiting this page - www.vodafone.com/ferrari/mobilephone - to see whether they become available in the future.

For more information on Vodafone's partnership with Ferrari click here.

http://www.vodafone.com/article/0,3029,CATEGORY_ID%253D30501%2526LANGUAGE_ID%253D0 %2526CONTENT_ID%253D257800,00.html

Ben
12th May 2005, 06:20 PM
It's grim. No one in the world with half a brain would ever be seen dead with one of those. Even if I had a Ferrari I wouldn't buy a ferrari-branded mobile, especially not a 902! ;)

Yeah, lovely stuff :D

Jon3G
12th May 2005, 06:24 PM
I know the advert looks very tacky, but then again someone will buy them and we can stand and snigger

3g-g
12th May 2005, 11:38 PM
Look, I'm only going to sign up if I get the racing suit and an F1 car to belt up and down the M6 in for a day.

I wonder what type of person you need to be to think that having a mobile with Ferarri branded all over it is cool, on the other hand, Joe Bloggs downloads a whole load of crap like sweety the f*ckin chick and now that nessie... Having the handset, ringtone, screensaver, operator logo changed is no different I suppose. The operators and manufacturers know they're onto a good thing by releasing gumff like this.

Jon3G
13th May 2005, 11:13 AM
Its true lots of people will buy it just because its something different

@NickyColman
14th May 2005, 12:25 AM
LMAO! If i see anyone with that phone i think i may be forced to walk over to them and slap them across the face!!

That phone is soooooo gonna be abused by those who wanna appear cool but are infact sad as fooooooook!

Id like to know who it was in Vodafone that walked into the board meeting one day and went " i know, lets do a ferrari phone".....coz i think hes ineed of a slap too!

Hands0n
14th May 2005, 03:19 PM
Bleubean is a Happy Slapper :) (don't forget to video your activities and post them on the forum!).

I must agree with the sentiment so far - what sad g*t wants a phone painted red and with a Ferrari logo on it? We've got enough idiots out on the roads thinking they are Fitipaldi without them waving their red handsets at us as they drive and text/talk/mms etc..... How many will think they can go faster now 'cos they have one of these. How many driver corpses hands will the emergency services have to prise a red handset out of? (I claim this weeks "Most convoluted sentence prize").

The mind boggles :eek:

On further consideration I'm totally with 'B' - slaps all round for Vodafone :(

@NickyColman
14th May 2005, 05:57 PM
LMAO @ Hands0n! We should all get our videophones and go and slap the living daylights out of Vodafone execs and stream it across the world!

Ok how many weeks does everyone think before Mr Beckham appears in The Sun or News Of The World with a Ferrari phone?

miffed
14th May 2005, 06:00 PM
I have heard a rumour that Three are going to launch a "skoda" or "Kia" handset

.....Remember , You heard it on Talk3G first !

Hands0n
15th May 2005, 12:10 AM
@Miffed - I think you have it wrong. The news cutting I read said that they were launching a Rover handset. Seems quite appropriate really