View Full Version : Orange "no more Indian call centres"

3g-g
4th June 2008, 11:13 PM
Orange UK have started the turnaround of the business today, is it too late to repair the damage cased by the French who've been using the company to pay of their debts? Can Orange get back to the days of old? One of the main points I've noticed is the stopping of the Indian call centre roll out, a good move in anyones books, as well as the increase in the data speeds/capability of the network (not before time!). You can read some more here: http://www.cellular-news.com/story/31577.php

Kicking off the new strategy, he outlined initial plans for the company including introducing a new structure for the board and organisation; launching a new line of “totally connected” Orange products including laptops; creating new jobs in customer centres and Orange Shops; stopping the expansion of offshore customer service in India; reducing duplication in management roles; launching new high-street stores; accelerating the rollout of the high-speed data network; developing industry-leading new services; and launching new innovative customer propositions that transcend the way broadband and mobile services are currently marketed and sold.

Tom Alexander, CEO of Orange UK said: “Orange is an iconic brand, a great business, and we’re going to build on that success to become the best-loved telecommunications company in Britain. To reach that goal, we need to give our customers consistent quality - quality of network, products, service and experience.

I think it's the most refreshing thing to come out of Orange in years, so we'll see if the new CEO can deliver.

Ben
5th June 2008, 04:07 AM
It does sound good. Orange is, indeed, an iconic brand, and I'd have argued that it was the best-loved telecommunications company in Britain just a few years ago. Indeed, it was probably the first 'brand name' in mobile in the UK IMHO. Since then, of course, mega-brands O2 and T-Mobile have emerged, and Arun Sarin has given Vodafone a laser-guided focus.

The market is different now... fingers crossed for Tom Alexander!

Hands0n
5th June 2008, 10:27 PM
Orange are going to have to get their finger out, big time. The damage done to the brand is deep and could be lasting. I, for one, would rather buy from 3 than Orange, and thats saying something from someone burned three times by 3.

Can Orange do it? To be honest, they stuffed me up so bad I really couldn't care less. But the sceptic in me is open to persuation.

So come on then Tom Alexander. Persuade me.