View Full Version : Orange 14.4Mbps HSDPA in 2009

3g-g
4th June 2008, 11:22 PM
Orange have said that that they're going to undertake an aggressive HSDPA rollout, aiming for 14.4Mbps speeds in their top 5 cities by 2009, (probably London, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh & Bristol). With 7.2Mbps in their top 30 cities. I've been in the south west of the country for the last week and my handset has been displaying the "H" above the signal strength absolutely everywhere, so it looks like things have started.

Thirty UK cities to have 7.2Mbps within 18 months, with 14.4Mbps to follow as part of service overhaul.

Orange UK is aggressively expanding its mobile broadband offering, with 7.2Mbps HSDPA rolling out in 30 cities over the next 18 months and 'super-fast' 14.4Mbps connections available in five cities during 2009.

The push is part of a wider revamp of Orange UK announced today, encompassing end-user services and its internal organisation.

Aside from an allusion to better mobile TV and mobile web access associated with faster network speeds, the Orange re-shuffle would appear to have little immediate impact on its content services.

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/30620/Orange-UK-to-accelerate-HSDPA-rollout

Ben
5th June 2008, 03:57 AM
Hmm, not before time! The promise of a 'wider revamp' sounds good, though, especially as it includes Orange's internal organisation.

Hands0n
5th June 2008, 10:33 PM
Orange need to forget all about "content" and get on with the business of re-building the brand, the network and most importantly the support services. People want to be connected, they'll get their content from wherever they damn well please. 3 have recognised that, as has T-Mobile and Vodafone to their credit and their actual success so far.

I am pleased to see the statement about stopping the expansion of their off-shore Indian customer services. Now they need to take an industry lead and shut them down completely. Off-shore call centres are hated by all who experience them. They are a false economy that firms are still falling for. History will not judge them favourably.

3GScottishUser
7th June 2008, 09:48 AM
Orange are going to have to do something about their data charges if they want anyonje to use their network.

I dont know why they bother offering any 3G products when they still have such ridiculous Orange World data pricing. The high tech devices are simply unaffordable to use on orange and thats why I left them!

Maybe HSDPA will change this sad situation.