View Full Version : Mobile broadband special offers.....

chaslam
12th June 2008, 11:02 AM
Ok ive know for about a week now, but havent got round to posting as i forgot all about it, but Vodafone are starting a new promotion from the 14th of June.

Basically, The USB Stick modem (E172) will become free on a 24m tariff (previously £39) and I believe the other tariffs remain the same price. This is to make way for their new USB stick modem (dont know the modem number) which supports up to 7.2, but has a MicroSD card slot in it, so you can also use it as a memory stick or card reader for your phone. The New modem will be the successor of the E220 3.6 modem.

Both Stick modems will remain (The current 172 and the new one) as there are differences being that, athough the new one has a MSD card slot, it DOESNT support HSUPA, whereas the 172 does, which means its technically a better piece of kit. Im not 100% sure on prices for the new stick yet but will double check today.

Ben
12th June 2008, 01:07 PM
Interesting... thanks for the heads up, I don't think we could possibly have too many of these modems being released - customers need choice!