View Full Version : Upgraded my SimOnly deal woowoo

Gagz
14th June 2008, 08:37 PM
Hey guys, long time no see :P

Rite well little story. About 4months ago i was on my N95 contract which was about to come to an end and back then i had mega low minutes+texts. I decided id stick with Vodafone (been with them for 10yrs) and go SimOnly.

Got 200mins + 500txts i think for £20 which was better then what i was on but i noticed as my usage increased that it was no where near enough. Following month i upped my minutes/texts to 500mins+500txts which still wasn't enough. Finally last month i got 500mins + Unlimted texts but ive used 250minutes already since my minutes reset last Wednesday so ive got 250left to last me another 3weeks!!

Anywho so i just rang up Vodafone about 20minutes ago to upgrade to the £25 option of 750mins+250txts (250txts...wtf blah) and the nice lady asked if 250txts would be enough and i said probably not. Now thats the highest amount of Minutes available on SimOnly on the Vodafone site. So she had a ponder through the system and offered me the following:

£25 - 750mins/250txts (On website) or
£30 - 750mins/Unlimted txts
£35 - 1200mins/Unlimted txts

I agreed to the 1200mins option which isn't on their website for some reason. So im fairly happy now :P. I know T-Mobile are doing 1400mins/Unlimted texts for £30 a month but i want to stay with Vodafone so i think it's a pretty good deal on simonly considering Vodafone are meant to be expensive. Thats it :P byee

GarethM
6th November 2008, 11:18 PM

Rite well little story. About 4months ago i was on my N95 contract which was about to come to an end and back then i had mega low minutes+texts. I decided id stick with Vodafone (been with them for 10yrs) and go SimOnly.

Got 200mins + 500txts i think for £20 which was better then what i was on but i noticed as my usage increased that it was no where near enough. Following month i upped my minutes/texts to 500mins+500txts which still wasn't enough. Finally last month i got 500mins + Unlimted texts but ive used 250minutes already since my minutes reset last Wednesday so ive got 250left to last me another 3weeks!!

Anywho so i just rang up Vodafone about 20minutes ago to upgrade to the £25 option of 750mins+250txts (250txts...wtf blah) and the nice lady asked if 250txts would be enough and i said probably not. Now thats the highest amount of Minutes available on SimOnly on the Vodafone site. So she had a ponder through the system and offered me the following:

I agreed to the 1200mins option which isn't on their website for some reason. So im fairly happy now :P. I know T-Mobile are doing 1400mins/Unlimted texts for £30 a month but i want to stay with Vodafone so i think it's a pretty good deal on simonly considering Vodafone are meant to be expensive. Thats it :P byee

Hi Gagz;27735

Glad to see that you decided to stay with Vodafone.
Although now you can get 600 mins and unlimited texts for £20 /month.

Regards

getti
6th November 2008, 11:39 PM

I get a great Sim Only deal from Voda too.

£37.50 a month gets me:

700mins
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Landlines
Unlimited Data
Vodafone Passport
Vodafone Family (my,mum,dad,nan can all chat between each other free)

Ben
7th November 2008, 01:07 AM
I used to love my SIM Only deal with Voda. In the end they talked me back in from the ledge with an N95 8GB, but I intend to convert the contract back to SIM Only as soon as that commitment ends.

Not that my Voda SIM sees much action these days, what with the iPhone.

3GScottishUser
30th November 2008, 10:07 PM
The latest SIM only deals from Vodafone look very attractive.

£10 a month buys 75 Mins and 500 Texts

£15 a month buys 150 Mins and 1000 Texts

£20 a month buys 600 Mins and Unlimited Texts.

On the £15 + £20 plans you also get Unlimeted calls between Vodafone Family members.

If you are happy with your existing phone or happy with a lower spec PAYG handset these look like a great deal.

Not too bad at all when you consider you can get a fairly decent 3G handset for £60-£100 nowadays that includes a decent camera and facility to store lots of media.

Contract is month by month, so no tie-in either.

This should bring better than contract benefits to 1000's who previously failed to meet the criteria.

Ben
30th November 2008, 10:17 PM
I'll so move to that £15 tariff, if my N95 8GB contract ever ends! About 5 months left I think... maybe more... shocking...

gorilla
1st December 2008, 10:49 AM
Sim only deals are very attractive and prove good value for money. Perhaps in this dodgy economic climate more people will take them up?

Ben
1st December 2008, 10:54 AM
According to MOBILE they're already proving to be very popular. I think O2 have done particularly well with theirs, they did promote it well though.

Surely the networks find providing support for new SIM only clients who are trying to use handsets locked to other networks to be very tiring. Maybe it'll encourage them to ditch the practice... Nah :)

There are concerns that SIM only will increase churn as customers can move between networks more freely. I'm not sure I buy that - I think customers will simply use their handset for as long as it is useful, rather than until their next contract renewal point. As such, it may actually reduce churn, and certainly stop conditioning people to churn every 12 months or so for the best deal.

3GScottishUser
7th December 2008, 09:53 PM
I can imagine their will be quite a few folks doing the fag packet arithmetic and if you just want a fairly decent 3G handset with a 5MP camera you can get one now on PAYG for less than £100.

Throw out the PAYG sim and inset a pay monthly deal and you have a pretty impressive proposition.

This type of deal will do well for both the networks and customers and I think the heavy subsidy deals will soon be reserved for those who want the very latest cutting edge handsets requiring a major commitment which is now becoming less attractive with the pace of technology advancement.