View Full Version : Nokia E66 and E71 released

Ben
17th June 2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-devices/news/2008/06/17/Nokia-Rolls-Out-BlackBerry-Bashers/p1

Nokia has released two new ESeries handsets. It looks as if they'll be solid performers, as many ESeries are. Good battery life looks to be on the cards, and hopefully the build quality will be equally as good.

miffed
17th June 2008, 07:21 AM
Generally I have found E series handsets to be far more useable than their N series relations
I loved the E61 - but they took the joystick away on the E61i and replaced it with a D Pad - Every reviewer seemed to think this was a great idea , but TBH I loved the joystick personally, it made one handed navigation a breeze IMO

My E / N history is N80 , N95 , N73 - then E61 , E90

I find the E series seem to give out less memory errors,better general performance and less random app shutdowns etc , also ,the 3.2mp Camera on my E90 appears to give BETTER quality photos than my N95 ever did , without even trying !!
If I didn't know better I'd guess that the N series is all about bells and whistles on the spec sheet , whereas the E series is about true performance

The E71 looks like a potential "miffed' handset - although I do worry that they've sacrificed a little screen real-estate for form factor

getti
17th June 2008, 07:49 AM
Nokia have been kind enough and sent me a E66 yesterday!. I saw the announcement when at work and asked to be on the waiting list..... then i got home and a package waited for me with a note saying 'SUPRISE!, the E66 was announced today and you are 1 of a few people in the world to get your hands on the device on a 2 week trial'

Will be putting through it's paces today and will post feedback later on :)

whatleydude
18th June 2008, 10:31 AM
Nice. I'm hoping to get an E71 on Friday.