View Full Version : Rate My Network: Vodafone UK

Ben
25th June 2008, 08:11 PM
Rating your network on Talk3G helps other members make decisions about their choice of provider. It also helps Talk3G reach conclusions about how the different networks are faring in the UK.

Please be honest when casting your votes. Simply pick each of the statements that you believe is true for your network... but try not to select them all.

This poll is for Vodafone UK only.

Ben
25th June 2008, 09:47 PM
Despite all of their firsts, no iPhone means no 'latest and greatest new things' vote from me!

getti
4th September 2008, 04:22 PM
Short and sweet for this one

SHOCKING!.

If its not 191 hanging up its 10+ calls a day wanting me to change my mind about cancelling and upgrade with them

Then there is 191 telling me i cant unlatch my BlackBerry Bold i bought sim free from their network it has to stay connected to a network at all times so i HAD to use with them.

Or its the crappy 3G signal anywhere south of Bristol and IF you get 3G its 1.8mb/s speed compared to 3.6 and soon to be 7.2 on others.

Expencive phones, over branded handsets, lack of technical knowedge at 191 made my time with them very forgettable i hope.

2 things going well for them are Passport and the eForum team who do a great job but just a shame nearly every phone call to 191 has been a nightmare

Plus there is 191 telling me i just missed the deadline for the department who deal with cancellations i need to call back before 7pm tomorrow (this was yesterday) and ask to speak to 'Disconections' who dont even exist i have to WRITE in to cancel the deal..... thought we were in the 21st century where people can actually CALL and SPEAK to people about things like this.

I know i said short and sweet but it just really bugs me about the level of service from such a large company.

I have given my notice, my voicemail message says anyone to please call me on my T-Mobile number and if its Vodafone offereing me upgrades i have wiped all data from the sim, snapped it and thrown it away so wont get your messages.

In fact small squares of the sim are buried along the coastline on the beach in St Ives hopefully never to be seen again

miffed
4th September 2008, 04:37 PM
^^^^ Glad its not just me !

God Awful CS was my experience , they failed at every moment of truth for me , in fact , I'd go as far as to say they couldn't possibly have given me worse CS if they had tried
It is bloody ages since my "experience" - and I am still so scarred by it that I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole !

getti
4th September 2008, 04:44 PM
I had a feeling it was not just me who had this experiance with Vodafone. Just shocked how the biggest network can operate like that and are not loosing customers by the 10000's every day if they are like this with other people.

I put back in my T-Mobile signal, get HSDPAa nd HSUPA on my laptop, full 3g on the phone most of the time and best of all the person i spoke to at T-Mobile tech (yes vodafone read that..... THEY LET CUSTOMERS SPEAK TO TECHNICAL!!) he was spot on with service, got my problem sorted out within a few minutes and i was up and going with my bold on T-Mobile

Hands0n
4th September 2008, 07:16 PM
See? There I cannot agree at all. My continued experience with Vodafone is positive and remains so. So much so that we now have three Vodafone mobiles in the family and one 3G USB data stick. That is a bit over £120 a month to Vodafone from this family alone.

Their CS has always worked for me. Wifey wanted a new Samsung Soul with a refresh of her contract. The first call to CS didn't get too far as they wanted an up-front payment and a 24 month contract. I told her to hang up and dial again.

This time she selected "I want to leave Vodafone" from the call menu and spoke with a nice CS lad who listened attentively and then offered her the Soul on the existing contract tariff for another 18 months. She was happy, and the deal was done.

When we asked why she got the goods this time and not the last he told us that we had originally entered the call system through "New Business" and that they did not have the same degree of licence that his Retentions team had.

Really, we don't care how it happens, but they showed themselves willing to give us what we wanted to keep the business. Can't say fairer than that.

p.s. But yea, what is it with this write in on a bit of paper thing? I want eMail or Fax.

getti
4th September 2008, 08:10 PM
what was the 1st CS person smoking to want to CHARGE for a Samsung Soul on a 24 month contract!

Hands0n
4th September 2008, 08:26 PM
Yea, they wanted £40 :D Well, that weren't 'appenin. Not on my watch.

illusions
26th October 2008, 05:00 PM
Im with Vodafone what bliss Excellent customer care service reliable 3G speeds and an experience you just couldnt do without..

Now for the Reality check Customer Service None Existent I actually Knew more than the Tech guy and i dont even work for them.

3g Speeds I remember having a 14.4k modem that was faster than this on some occasions and im not lieing..

The Experience Well ive gone over my 3gig Allowance once again.. I cant actually keep track of it. Because the stick crashes that often im having to reset it which entail also resets how much youve used so to be honest i cant understand it,

The sent me a letter saying i Owed them an extra £15.00 for going over the 3gig i Wrote a letter back saying give me a dongle that doesnt need to be uninstalled every 10-15 minutes and one thats reliable and you can have your £15.00 but as far as im concerened your actually STEALING bandwidth from me because im constantly having to empty my internet cache of already loaded page to reload them all back again.

Ben
26th October 2008, 10:00 PM
Hmph. How are you using a whopping 3GB a month if you're getting 14.4k speeds?

If you've got a dodgy modem then, if I were you, I'd push to have it replaced ASAP. If that doesn't fix the problem then it sounds like you've got software issues with your computer... might be a good idea to try from a different machine if possible.