View Full Version : Wooaaaaaaaaahhh

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 12:09 AM
Got myself a 6680 yesterday, and boy is it good.
Only found this forum tonight (crackin review, Ben)
My last phone was a 6230, so coming to one of these was a bit weird.
I kept being told that there was not enough memory to do certain things, which was really startin to piss me off, until I found Ben's review and realised how to close stuff (although, it probably says that in the manual, but who looks there?)
It's on three talk and text 600. Has anyone else got this tarrif? I can't seem to find out how much stuff the browsing and downloading costs.
Cheers

Ben
15th May 2005, 12:45 AM
Hey!

Glad you liked the review - and even more glad you like the phone! The 6230 is my 'small phone', but I can't contest that I use it a lot less now I have the 6680.

There's no charge for browsing Three's enclosed content area. Any per-download costs are displayed prior to your purchase. You wont be able to browse outside of Three's content unfortunately, so no other browsing costs apply.

Stick around and keep us posted on how you're finding your new phone, and Three UK!

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 12:05 PM
Cheers, will keep yous posted
Made a few video calls today, worked very well I thought.

Hypnotic
15th May 2005, 12:49 PM
Im on talk, text and video 600. 500 minutes, 100 text messages, 20 minutes of video calls and 20 video messages.

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 04:10 PM
Cool, how much does that cost you a month and how long is the contract?
I think I got quite a good deal from e2save.com - 500 mins 100 texts £30 for 12 month contract but jumping through some redemtion hoops gets me the first 11 months half price.

Hypnotic
15th May 2005, 05:29 PM
£35 per month with 6 months half price on a 18 month contract. I was gonna get it from e2save but i wanted it there and then, couldn't stand to wait for next day delivery lol. In october though im changing my tariff, as on three you can change tariff after 6 months, much like orange, vodafone and o2. T-mobile allows you to change it after 11 months which blows if you're on a 12 month contract, and Virgin doesn't let you change it at all.

delinquentwoody
15th May 2005, 05:53 PM
timothy the tim, i've ordered mine on the same deal as yours! Except ive got to wait another 2 weeks for my delivery, so you must have been one of the lucky early ones to get in there first.

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 06:52 PM
^cool!
you might get it sooner
i think i ordered mine on tuesday, got a confirmation email on wednesday with the citylink details (altho nothing appeared on the citylink website) then got an email on thursday saying it was delayed 7-10days.
Then it appeared on the citylink website on the friday morning and was delivered that afternoon!

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 06:54 PM
Hypnotic,
You can change your price plan after 6 months? I didnt know that.
I presume that i wouldn't still be able to get the special offer line rental though?

Hypnotic
15th May 2005, 08:27 PM
Not sure, but as i have 6months half price line rental, it doesn't bother me :D I'm guessing you would lose your special offer though, so phone 3 for details before doing anything.

bsrjl1
15th May 2005, 10:20 PM
If you change after 6 months, you'd get your first refund from e2save of £60 so it would be 7 months half-price.

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 11:09 PM
Hmm, i'll prob just wait the full 12 months. What do you think if I switched price plan to one of the same monthly cost?

Ben
15th May 2005, 11:22 PM
Anything, even the slightest little slipup, that means the retailer doesn't have to give you cashback will be ceased upon. I think you'd be very well informed not to make any changes to your tariff if you wish to take full advantage of the redemption promotion. There are just too many stories of people being caught out :(

timothythetim
16th May 2005, 12:39 PM
yeah defo
im makin sure I get all my cashback