View Full Version : O2 - Purchase from shop - Manage online?

chagle
3rd July 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi there,

Does anyone know when you make a purchase from a retail store whether you can actually manage the account online? :confused:

Ginz
3rd July 2008, 08:45 PM
If you're talking about the iPhone think it will only be available to buy from retail due to the unbricking they do in store I've heard but should think that you'd be able to view your bill etc online.. hope so anyway!

Hands0n
3rd July 2008, 09:46 PM
Once the iPhone is activated on O2 you then have an O2 mobile account that you can indeed manage on-line. And their recent improvements on-line are pretty good, lots of easy to locate information presented clearly.

chagle
3rd July 2008, 09:49 PM
Good stuff. Thanks.

miffed
4th July 2008, 06:43 AM
Considering o2's new 'relationship' with Apple - it surprises me that when I visit o2's site using any browser other than Internet Explorer , it has a fit and demands that I upgrade my browser :mad:

This has been going on for bloody years - thought they would have acknowledged the existance of other browsers by now !

Ginz
4th July 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm on it now using Safari and also works through Firefox..

Ben
4th July 2008, 09:09 AM
Well, that's definitely new :)

gorilla
4th July 2008, 10:00 AM
Can you upgrade an O2 online account instore? Aren't the retail outfits different to the website?

Hands0n
4th July 2008, 10:43 AM
@miffed - I use Safari almost exclusively, and that goes for the O2 website too. No problems encountered. Wouldn't sully OS X with the outdated IE that is/was available for it.