View Full Version : Easy Marker?

Ben
16th May 2005, 01:57 AM
Ok, my phones tend to stay in pretty pristine condition. That's probably because I haven't really used many of my phones to a great extent. I think all my phones up until the 6680 have only been used on a 'need to' basis, where as this one is still picked up every ten minutes or so on a 'want to' basis.

What I have started to notice on my 6680 is markings around the edge of the chrome-ringed forward facing camera, and markings on the chrome edging. All the marks on the screen seem to come off OK (seems pretty robust) but the chrome detailing seems less forgiving. Is anyone else observing similar? Understand that I've had my handset for a little while now.

At the end of the day, I want my 6680 to look 'used'. I love it to bits and I daresay it'll collect a lot of marks, scratches and god knows what else as time goes by. It's the first phone I've had that I've actually wanted to use as much as possible (and oh lordy is my phone bill going to reflect that). But, for those who like me used to try and keep their phones looking perfect, you may wish to consider keeping those chrome sections as protected as you can.

Jon3G
16th May 2005, 10:53 AM
Ben

you havent had the phone that long and it should not be doing that so quick. You would expect that from a cheap CPW facia or something. I would complain to the company you bought it off

Hypnotic
16th May 2005, 12:21 PM
Mine has taken a couple minor drops, but there phone is still in excellent condition. Only marking on my chrome are fingerprints :p

Ben
16th May 2005, 01:34 PM
Ben

you havent had the phone that long and it should not be doing that so quick. You would expect that from a cheap CPW facia or something. I would complain to the company you bought it off
Mhmmm... I really have been using it hard - I actually bruised my thumb when I first got the handset I used it that much. I've even started leaving my Vodafone 6230 at home and giving people my 6680 number purely because it's such an amazing handset and I don't want to use anything else. I did actually drop it a few times a couple of nights ago... *remembers*... while taking drunken pictures/videos. Argh!

Does anyone know if the covers can be changed on this handset?

Jon3G
16th May 2005, 02:04 PM
Lol, I cant wait till it comes out.

Hypnotic
16th May 2005, 04:56 PM
It can be changed, but the covers are not xpress on. Get the shop to change it, or someone who knows what they're doing.

miffed
16th May 2005, 05:45 PM
Wait till I tell my mate Stelios about the title of this thread ! :eek:

The more marks you get your 6680 , the more justified you 'll feel when you upgrade to an N series in a few months :)

3g-g
16th May 2005, 06:18 PM
I was thinking the same miffed, I'd just started a line of easy to write with marker pens that were going to be called "easy markers".

I'll see you in court!