View Full Version : NEC e616 sms query

Lisa
16th May 2005, 09:29 AM
I'm having a problem with the sms facility on my e616 handset.

When a message is received the handset notifies me in the normal way, but when the inbox is opened it says that there are no messages in the folder. This is the same for the outbox, but the messages do get to the recipient.

Each time the phone is switched off the message register (bottom left of messages screen) is wiped clean.

The sim card doesn't seem to be the problem as I've tried other sim cards in the handset and they all act in the same way.

Have I received a virus? Is there anyway to reactivate the message settings on the handset?

Jon3G
16th May 2005, 11:42 AM
Have you always had this problem?
When did it first happen?

Could you answer these questions and I will try and help

Lisa
16th May 2005, 12:08 PM
I noticed the problem on Saturday morning.
It was brought to my attention when the handset informed me that I'd received a message - from a known source, which I found out this morning - sender contacted me (not via sms).

The inbox, at this point, was showing all my aged messages but not the new one and then when I switched the handset off, ALL messages had been deleted from In and Sent boxes.

Jon3G
16th May 2005, 12:21 PM
I dont beleive the NEC can get a virus because of the operating system, However I may be wrong. Your best bet is to take it back to the store or supplier you got it from.

If you had Bluetooth turned on you could have been attacked via that method.... Has the NEC got bluetooth

I presume 3 supplied the handset, if so give them a call.

Sorry never come across this problem, but the handset may need a firmware flash or replacing and really its best left to the supplier or network

Ben
16th May 2005, 01:22 PM
Hi,

Welcome to Talk3G! It does indeed sound like a software problem. If the phone is less than 12 months old you should be able to have it repaired free of charge.

Thread moved to NEC e616 area.