View Full Version : The Top Ten 3G iPhone beaters

Ben
12th July 2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07/11/round_up_iphone_rivals/

LOL! No, they're not iPhone beaters, none of them, but it makes a nice headline.

Oh, and at Number 1. is the Nokia N95 8GB, also known as my other phone. Yes, it's awesome, a very capable NSeries device that can do things the Apple iPhone 3G can't even dream of. And of all the amazing features it has, I use Calls, SMS, MMS and Camera mostly.

iPhone 3G with MobileMe (http://www.me.com) just wipes the floor with it in terms of usable features. Ultimate OTA push email/contacts/calendars/bookmarks. It's in a different class!

miffed
12th July 2008, 12:26 PM
The very existance of articles like these says it all IMO

There has been a list as long as your arm of devices that "beat" the iPhone (yawn!).
How does that work ? Surely if someone releases a 'better' device , then everyone would be looking to dethrone the new champ ? Not beat the ex champ again ? That would be pointless !

The truth is , nothing (currently) even comes close !

miffed
12th July 2008, 03:58 PM
LOL ! Love they way the kick off with a Motorola :D

Ben
12th July 2008, 05:17 PM
I have a feeling the % scores given to each of this 'top ten' are 'percentage of competence compared to the iPhone' :D And even then they're generous.

Hands0n
12th July 2008, 09:21 PM
Is the RIM Blackberry in there? No? Because that is where the iPhone is at, not the "toy" phones with fancy operating systems that do everything but wash the dishes.

Instead the iPhone meets the Blackberry head on, and then wipes the floor with it. And then bolts on a bucketload of memory, a very funky GUI and as of 11 July 2008 takes the whole package to an entirely new level.

That the "competition" (if it is even fair to call it that anymore) wants to try and head off the iPhone at the pass is laughable. They really ought to get on with what it is they do and forget about competing with the iPhone.

@NickyColman
16th July 2008, 02:42 PM
LMAO! iPhone beaters! That really makes me laugh! You put that Motorola Z10whatchamacallit (or any for that matter) on a table next to iPhone/iPhone 3G and i could bet money on which phone they would flock to!

miffed
16th July 2008, 06:41 PM
I occasionally buy a magazine called PDA Essentials , I purprosely picked it up today as it had a headline -
"Revealed ! - 3G iPhone Beaters !"

Inside ,the six "top" handsets that "beat" the iPhone3G are

1) Asus P750
2) Samsung i780
2) HP 614 c
4) I-mate Ultimate 9502
5) E-ten Glofish m810
5) Toshiba G910

Now I don't know if you see the reccouring theme here :D - But to be fair , they took "touchscreen" as a "must have" for an iPhone beater , so it was always going to favour WM - I have to be honest , I have never found the mag to be over biased towards WM before -
....But to even compare ANY of this crop (
I reckon we are in for a lot of this :D