View Full Version : 6680 Data Apps?

ads
16th May 2005, 04:56 PM
Hi Everybody!

I was just wondering what the apps are that make best use of an open internet connection on a Symbian handset? I am unsure whether open access is actually as issue at all?! Please help change my mind!

Ben
16th May 2005, 07:26 PM
Agile Messenger is fantastic - you can connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo and ICQ all from your Symbian handset.

You can also use the handset or Opera browsers to browse the 'real' Internet - this is fantastic for finding out store opening hours, phone numbers etc etc.

Other apps include IRC chat applications, telnet applications, streaming radio and video applications, and much much more. The 6680 is an internet-centric phone in my experience.

ads
17th May 2005, 03:11 PM
Mmmmnnnnn

That is what I am thinking, which is why I am reluctant to get it on Three, but it is SO cheap!!

I cant imagine any of the other networks being priced anywhere near the Three deals that are avaliable, and I want it now!!! Any advice anyone?!

Ben
17th May 2005, 05:49 PM
Well, you're on Three at the moment - how do you find them? Get the handset on Three and I'm pretty sure you wont be disappointed. You might get a little frustrated as time goes by, though.

It's a tough choice. Weigh up what means more to you - the value/volume of voice minutes or the range of services available. I'm a low-voice-user so for me it's a no-brainer, for you it might be more complicated.