View Full Version : What's goin on?

timothythetim
16th May 2005, 05:18 PM
As you may know, I received a 6680 from e2save on three a few days ago. Came with no real problems. Then today I got this email from them.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy Mobile Phones to place your order for a Nokia 6680 on the 3 network.

This handset has proved extremely popular and consequently there is a shortage across all UK mobile phone retailers. Unfortunately this shortage is likely to last until mid-June. As a valued customer, therefore, we don't want to keep you waiting so would like to offer you an alternative handset, the Nokia 6630 on 3.

This is a superb handset combining all the 3G technology you would expect with the ease of usability associated with a Nokia handset. The Nokia 6630 is the first mobile phone to combine the benefits of EDGE and the leading smartphone platform Series 60. Offering always-connected email, mobile broadband access to multimedia content and live video streaming.

Take pictures and record up to 1 hour of video with its advanced 1.23 megapixel camera. The features are simply endless and include a digital MP3 music player and real-time video streaming on its bright colour display, Tri-band connectivity, Bluetooth and much more.

We are pleased to be able to offer you some fantastic deals on both 12 month and 18 month contracts:

12 Month Contracts:

Talk & Text 600, that's 500 cross-net minutes and 100 texts.

We have a choice of deals:

Option 1:

Line rental reduced from £30.00 to £6.99* per month for 11 months!
Saving you £253.11!
Line rental by redemption at months 6 and 12.

Option 2:

Line rental reduced from £30.00 to £9.99* per month for 12 months!
Saving you £240.12!

18 Month Contracts:

Talk & Text 600, that's 500 cross-net minutes and 100 texts.

Option 1:

Line rental reduced from £30.00 to FREE* for 10 Months plus FREE Bluetooth Headset! Saving you £300.00!

Next Step:

Yes, I want to swap my order to the Nokia 6630 on 3 - please follow these steps:

1. Reply to this email,
2. State you wish to cancel your order for the Nokia 6680,
3. State you wish to place a new order for the Nokia 6630,
4. State the deal you have selected from this email.

No, I want to wait for the Nokia 6680 to be delivered:

1. You don't need to take any action; we will fulfil your order as soon as stock becomes available.

Please HURRY the offers on this email are limited and must end on 31st May 2005!

Yours Best Buy Mobile Phones

Terms & Conditions

* Line rental by redemption at months 6 and 12:

1st 6 months billed at £15.00 by 3, 3 will then bill you at £30.00 per month for the remainder of your contract.
To gain the remainder of your line rental / cash back please send your 6th and 12th monthly bills within 28 days of receipt to us and we will credit your credit/debit card with the relevant amount each time.

Line rental charge excludes any part month amount that may be billed in addition by the network.
http://www.e2save.com/faq.php?show=CAS

What's goin on and what do you think I should do?

3GScottishUser
16th May 2005, 05:21 PM
Ignore the mail. It looks like they have sent it in error.

Perhaps reply and let them know your order has been fulfilled.

miffed
16th May 2005, 05:41 PM
What should you do ?

Thank your lucky stars you have a 6680 and therefore are not eligable to be palmed of with a 6630 :)

Wonder if they'll get any takers? doubt it

3g-g
16th May 2005, 06:09 PM
Same as above, ignore the email, they've just had such a demand for the handset they're thinking you might not know what you want and are trying to fob you off with the 6630.

Or... you could email back saying to them to cancel your order now that you're in possession of the 6680 and you might get a 6630 as well!!

You never know... :D

timothythetim
16th May 2005, 06:12 PM
was thinkin that, perhaps they might send me another 6680 in a few weeks although they would prob make me send it back
i can but dream

delinquentwoody
16th May 2005, 06:56 PM
I've just got this email as well, im very disappointed!! Another 4 weeks minimum to wait, as if.

I'm not gonna be palmed off with the 6630.

If I asked them to cancel the order, would i be allowed to do this?

delinquentwoody
16th May 2005, 07:54 PM
Well i've just rang e2save CS and the guy on the other end seemed really clueless. He said is there an option on the website to cancel the order? I told him no there isnt, he said he didnt know as he'd never seen the website!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he'd write an email for me to the relevant department to cancel the order. He didn't try to sell me anything else, in fact his exact words were:

'so have you seen any other handsets you fancy? i don't really know what handsets there are out there, i don't know if there are any similar ones to this or not. Have a glance at our website to see if there's anything else you want, and just ring me if there is.'

As if! the salesman was genuinely completely clueless about mobile phones!! I don't thing he even knew if he could cancel my order or not, but he says that when he sends his email it will definitely be cancelled. I've asked him for an email to confirm this, just in case of any problems :)

Ben
16th May 2005, 07:56 PM
Oh dear. Oh well, you've been spared :P Go out and pick one up on Vodafone instead! :D

3GScottishUser
16th May 2005, 08:10 PM
Under the distance selling regulations you have a 7 day right of canellation - and e2save know that!

timothythetim
23rd May 2005, 12:50 PM
Update on my situation
About half an hour ago a citylink guy arrived with a parcel. What could this be I thought.
It was anothe 6680. This time though, it came in a 3 box. e2save are saying they dont heave the 6680 in stock. No wonder when they keep sending them all to me. It's set up another contract.
Just been off the phone to them. As the contract isnt in my name I can't do anything about it, but I just need to get ma maw to phone them up and cancel one of them.
They better not charge me to send it back.

Michel
31st May 2005, 02:32 PM
Thank you for choosing Best Buy Mobile Phones to place your order for a Nokia 6680 on the 3 network.

This handset has proved extremely popular and consequently there is a shortage across all UK mobile phone retailers. Unfortunately this shortage is likely to last until mid-June.

It seems I experience the same kind of shortage here in France. The dealer promised me I would have my 6680 before the end of May, but the wholesaler didn't make the delivery. So I am expecting day by day my dealer's phone call to tell me the mobile is ready for me to take away. I hope I will have my phone before mid-june (see above).