View Full Version : Nokia 6630 - What's the Verdict?

3GScottishUser
16th May 2005, 08:46 PM
What is the verdict on this device?

It looks as if it is toiling right now with some crazy deals being offered to offload it.

What do those who use it think of it?

Comments please....

Jon3G
16th May 2005, 09:20 PM
Love it

Great phone with good features, In the early days the phone was buggy, but now they seem sorted.

But can wait for the 6680 even though not much difference in spec aprt from the extra camera and the great design

3GScottishUser
16th May 2005, 09:59 PM
I suspect by the time most who have bought the 6630 comes to change the Nokia N series will be avialable as well as worthy compeditors from SonyEricsson, Samsung and perhaps LG.

By the end of 2005 the 3G handset landscape will have changed greatly. Early entrants like NEC will have been blown out and confined to history replaced by mainstream manufacturers products who will have invested their GSM expertise into UMTS products. The future's bright.....

mauverick888
19th May 2005, 09:07 AM
I love this one, it takes a much better picture than the rest of phones out there, I can listen to MP3's which is really great. the Agile Messenger is such a blast! Downloading with 20 kbs/sec is quite an experience on a phone of this power. However as with everyphone N6630 has its share of drawbacks, for one it lacks synching and the movie director is really bad, i made one and everything was blurry, cute but nah!. But then 6630 is still the best phone ever!

Hypnotic
20th May 2005, 02:36 PM
Lol you havent used a 6680 then.

Ben
20th May 2005, 03:15 PM
Well, essentially the 6630 is the same phone. The 6680 has the shortcut icons on the home screen, a forward facing camera, and a flash on the rear camera. It looks better too, IMHO, but that doesn't detract from it being a fantastic offering.

Best phone ever, though? I'd reserve that for the 6680 too.

Jon3G
23rd May 2005, 11:13 AM
Well, essentially the 6630 is the same phone. The 6680 has the shortcut icons on the home screen, a forward facing camera, and a flash on the rear camera. It looks better too, IMHO, but that doesn't detract from it being a fantastic offering.

Best phone ever, though? I'd reserve that for the 6680 too.

I can only say on the face value of things the phones are the same and I do agree the 6680 is better looking. However the improvements of the 6680 with the nice features and more than likely better firmware just puts it ahead - hopefully