View Full Version : Why is Orange CS SO poor ?

miffed
18th August 2008, 10:20 AM
You may or may not remember , just over a year ago I had a world of trouble with a new Orange contract - it took them the best part of a week to activate the account !
And then , when I asked to buy the unlock code for the handset , they told me there were unable to provide this , the were very insitant on this - but then one day I received the code via email ! - followed by more emails telling me they couldn't provide it !

So anyway , having promised the wife I'd get rid of a few of my contracts , I decide to cancel my other (business) account with Orange - I think it came to the 24mth end of term in August - So 15th June , I telephone them, asking for a price to buy out the contract
I am quoted £51 plus VAT - Which I accept , I then assume that the contract will be terminated there and then , and I pay them £51+ VAT on my next bill
18th July , I notice that my phone is still connected , so I look on the online billing - They Billed me £61 (not £51) plus VAT , (almost as agreed :( ) , but then Billed me for the next months LR as per usual (um , so what was the point of the £61 then ? )
I rang them ,and they told me this was all normal ,and as soon as the DD went out I would be immedietely credited (back into my bank account) the last months LR , Fair enough !
Sure enough , the next bill comes out of my account the £61 , plus the next months line rental , but there was no credit into my account , Also ,the phone was still connected and working
I telephoned them once again , and the agree there has been a problem , and tell me the phone will be disconnected over the next 24hrs , and then this will trigger the credit
24hrs later the phone has not been disconnected - So I ring them (again ) and point out the problem , - They put me on hold for 20 minutes , then confirm my phone should have been disconnected 15th july (yes , I know ) - she then tells me that I have just entered another billing period, so will be billed for another month :mad::mad::mad: - but "not to worry" as this will be credited back on the NEXT bill ! :mad::mad::mad:

I am absolutely fuming at this point ! So lets look at this

My contract would have ended at the end of August

I have now paid FULL line rental up till that point (possibly beyond !)
PLUS £61 to terminate two months early !!

I am promised I will get the two months LR back , but Orange have proved they are not likely to get this right :( - At least the phone is disconnected now !

The final straw ? - I have two accounts with Orange , I used the online billing service on both , To try and monitor their screw ups , I have tried signing in to this service today , ..... only to be told that "access to this account has been terminated " - Great ! so I can no longer monitor either of my accounts - even though I actually log in through my existing (still running) account

:mad:

Hands0n
18th August 2008, 08:06 PM
Disgusting!

I would use 3 a long time before I signed up for Orange ever again. Orange really would have to be the last player in the market, and even then I would seriously consider going without a mobile phone.

gorilla
19th August 2008, 11:47 AM
Well Orange don't have a lot going for them.
Just looking at a newspaper advert for them offering blackberries on "unlimited" email and web use. Of course that's subject to a fair use policy of 250MB per month. Oh and it's an extra £2.50. I wont dare tell you what it costs to use data abroad, well ok I will: a reasonable £3 per MB in Eurpoer or £8 per MB in the rest of the world. Bargain!

Ben
19th August 2008, 12:22 PM
But don't worry, they've blown several million pounds (as much as 30m I think??) on the "I am" campaign, which will surely rectify all of this.

Mind you, even that's entirely dependent on anyone figuring out wtf the "I am" campaign is going on about :D

Hands0n
19th August 2008, 01:03 PM
"I am" ......... never going to buy Orange ever again :D

Easy!