View Full Version : Hello !

Michel
19th May 2005, 05:58 AM
This is my first post on this nice forum. I didn't find any specific place to introduce myself. I thought I might do it here. If not, please admins move it in the appropriate section.

I'm french, I live in Marseille, south of France. I found this forum on Google while searching informations about Nokia's 6680. Thank you Ben for this excellent and long review ! It has lots of useful facts from an an owner, this is undoubtly a plus compared to reviews in a magazine.

I made a €150 deposit to order a 6680 at my dealer. He said it would be delivered by the end of May. I choosed a sim free handset. My network is SFR. I will keep you informed about my own experience with the 6680 as soon as I have it. I suppose the trade of information will be useful for comparison between what's available in France and in the UK. The handset's package itself only has minor differences, such as the format of the charger's plug and the language of the manual, but the networks are different. This is why I won't comment the british networks as I am not familiar with them, and I'll keep posting in this particular section of the forum. I went once in the UK in 2002 and I think my actual phone has been roaming on all of those that were available at the time. Another trip is planned next August.

The phone I have now is an antique, cavemen aged Motorola Timeport 7389, and I am expecting my 6680 with impatience.

I noticed there is another french user on this forum. He is welcome to send me personal messages, as are also welcomed the english speaking users to do so.

Ben
20th May 2005, 12:33 AM
Hi, and welcome to Talk3G!

Thanks for your comments - the review really was a joy to write. The phone is a fantastic piece of work from Nokia, which is something anyone who has used one will tell you - not just me! The manual on mine is in German (obviously an import) but I'd already read the manual on the Nokia website in anticipation anyway!

Sorry about the forum downtime, you may have noticed we vanished for a few hours!

davidlove
20th May 2005, 07:49 AM
Bienvenue a Michel! Will be interesting to hear how 3G is being implemented by SFR, which is 40%+ owned by Voda I think. Was surprised how robust Voda's 3G service was in Spain last week, seemed better in rural areas than in West London.

Good choice of handset BTW - worth the wait.

Michel
20th May 2005, 10:19 PM
Sorry about the forum downtime, you may have noticed we vanished for a few hours!
Actually I wondered what went wrong. I just posted my message and naturally, I wanted to see if someone had posted an answer. Finally I am happy that the forum is back again.

I asked her opinion to an american friend of mine, and she told me my first message had some little errors, so I regretted of not being able to edit it. Anyway this is no big deal. I enjoy the forum like it is.

Cheah
31st May 2005, 01:43 PM
I am from the Far East; Malaysia to be exact. I have followed the forum for a few days and it have been very interesting. The Nokia 6680 has been openly selling in Malaysia for the past month, and for about US$550, depending on the outlet. I have also learnt quite a bit from here and there and I think the 6680 is fantastic. This is the fastest phone that i have ever used. My last phone was 6230. Hope to be able to learn everything from here. Thanks. Cheah

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 03:30 PM
We have a real mixture or Nationalities and it will be intersting to hear about the 3G offerings in those locations

Cheah
1st June 2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, Jon3G. Malaysia is very new to 3G. But I will eventually find out more of whats 3G can offer in this part of the world. I will be sure to pass the news to Talk3G.

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 02:21 PM
Not to worry cant wait to here what you come back with

Michel
1st June 2005, 05:38 PM
We have a real mixture or Nationalities and it will be interesting to hear about the 3G offerings in those locations

As soon as I have my 6680, I will be happy to talk about 3G services, but it seems there is a shortage of 6680 in my country. The store at which I ordered my phone has not been shipped by the wholesaler yet. I call the store once every 2 days, because I want my phone as soon as possible, but there are no miracles. The demand is higher than the offer, so I expect to have my 6680 on a long term.

Jon3G
2nd June 2005, 01:55 PM
Cant wait look forward to it :)

Michel
8th June 2005, 06:18 PM
I talked today with the saleslady at the shop I made my deposit to. She told me that if no Nokia 6680 were available next week, the shop would find an arrangement with Orange. Her idea is to unlock an Orange handset to transform it into a sim free. She admits that after one month of waiting, one has to find a solution so I don't wait anymore my phone.

Let's see if Orange agrees with that.

Michel
9th June 2005, 05:26 PM
I'll get my 6680 tomorrow.

At last !

Finally, it will be an unsimlocked SFR version since no sim free 6680 is available here right now.

I'll give all of you my opinion as soon as possible.

I can't wait !