View Full Version : T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Plans (Free Laptop?)

Hands0n
23rd September 2008, 12:56 PM
Two things on the go at T-Mobile at the moment that might spark some interest :D

Both of these are September offers, so there is not a lot of time left to take up. Although I suspect that we will see more like this from T-Mobile in particular, but also the competition in general.

First up is their Mobile Broadband USB Stick - a 7.2Mbps HSPA device in an all-you-can-eat package (3GB FUP but no additional charge for going over) for £15 per month on a 24-month contract. The USB stick is free of charge - I should think so too!

See here for details--> https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/offers/broadband/

Mobile Broadband Plus 24 months
Mobile Broadband Plus is £15 per month and is for use in the UK only, you'll need to promise to stay with us for 24 months and pass our standard credit check. You'll need a compatible laptop, an enabled device like a USB modem and mobile broadband coverage.
You can check your coverage at www.t-mobile.co.uk/mobilebroadband. Remember that you can't use your plan to make internet phone calls. You can use all of our T-Mobile HotSpots in the UK, but you'll need to accept our HotSpots legal stuff first. If you use your plan outside of the UK, we'll add any roaming charges to your pay monthly account, please see http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/going-abroad/ for more details. This plan comes with a fair use policy of 3GB a month.
We'll monitor how much you send and receive each calendar month so that we can protect our network for all our Mobile Broadband customers. If you use more than your fair use policy amount, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict how you can use your plan, depending on how often you go over your amount and by how much.
In your first three months you'll never pay more than £10 per month and £15 after that, no matter how much you go online You'll not only get access to our high speed network, but also have access to 1000 WiFi hotspots in great locations such as Starbucks or at the airport. Everything is really easy to use including our simple USB stick.
Available for customers joining Mobile Broadband Plus 24 plan between 1 July and 30 September 2008

Next up is their Mobile Broadband package that includes a USB Stick and an Acer 5320 Laptop that is spec'd with the following:-

(See here for full details of the offer --> https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/offers/laptop/

Acer Travel Mate 5320 specifications

TM5320-101G12Mi
Intel® Celeron® M processor 540 (1.86GHz)
Vista Home Premium
15.4" WXGA LCD TFT
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator
1GB (2*512MB) DDR2
120 GB hard disk drive
DVD-Super Multi
Gigabit Ethernet
802.11BG WLAN
5-in-1 card reader
6 Cell Battery
0.3MP Camera
1 year collect & return International Traveller warranty

This, too, comes with the T-Mobile USB stick all for the princely sum of £30 on a 24-month contract. Now call me old fashioned if you like, but I do think this represents rather good value for money. That laptop is costing you £15 over 24 months, essentially interest free, which is £11 less than the retail price of £349. It solves a cash-flow problem always assuming that you don't have a laptop or PC already in your posession. Something like this would suite young Johnny going off to Uni, assuming they are in a T-Mobile cell, which is hard not to do these days given their tie-up with 3 UK.

Edit: Both the above data packages include WiFi Hotspot access at all 1,000+ of T-Mobile's hotspots (i.e. Starbucks, Texaco etc...).