View Full Version : Android.... whats the verdict?

3GScottishUser
30th October 2008, 07:24 PM
Well what is the verdict on the android handset?

Looks good but I will not be splashing out £720 for the privilage.

Looking forward to some comments....

Hands0n
30th October 2008, 08:37 PM
I am interested in the Android concept and to see if it will (a) take on Symbian S60 and (b) do a better job things than Symbian has so far. I really do not see very many years ahead in the life of Symbian in the face of Linux Mobile, Android, OS X and [dare I say it even] Windows Mobile.

Ben
31st October 2008, 02:48 AM
The verdict: Oh, cool.

*Next*

It'll get there as an OS, and hopefully be available on many phones.

gorilla
31st October 2008, 11:19 AM
I think it's ok. I'm excited about it, in terms of what handsets will be available in the future, and what decent apps will be made.

I think the G1 looks clunky.

As a total google person, it'll be hard for me to resist a future handset though. I do expect it to be cheaper than the iPhone, and available on all networks, which will probably make it the most popular OS.

A couple of gripes though: no cut and paste, no video, no flash, no exchange - these all seem pretty important to me. Maybe they will rely on 3rd party developers?

Hands0n
31st October 2008, 01:33 PM
A couple of gripes though: no cut and paste, no video, no flash, no exchange - these all seem pretty important to me.

Ooooh, I felt a bit of de ja vous there :D For a minnit I thought he was talking about the iPhone :eek:

Ben
31st October 2008, 03:37 PM
Oi Oi, we have exchange! :D

3GScottishUser
31st October 2008, 07:56 PM
It is an interesting concept.

Liked the bar-code reader idea. You scan your shopping and it tells you where that product is being offered cheapest! Nice one.... every little helps!!

I think Android will spur Microsoft to make a bigger effort now with their mobile OS and when they get that right and adopted by Samsung, LG and perhaps SonyEricsson I think we will have a very strong phone/computer combination available.

Ben
1st November 2008, 12:55 AM
I think Android will spur Microsoft to make a bigger effort now with their mobile OS and when they get that right and adopted by Samsung, LG and perhaps SonyEricsson I think we will have a very strong phone/computer combination available.
Personally I hope it spurs Symbian more than Microsoft... I mean, damn, MS's mobile OS is just awful, at least Symbian has always been along the right lines.