View Full Version : Nokia E63 Announced Today

getti
12th November 2008, 10:31 AM
The younger brother of the E71 has been announced today from Nokia and I have managed to get my hands on 1 before the launch (and have it still now)

Posted the news at http://worldofnokia.co.uk/?p=244

Hands0n
12th November 2008, 09:30 PM
Nope, sorry but it just doesn't float my boat. I'm still in awe of the Nokia N95 [classic]!

I had my hands on an N96 at the weekend and couldn't wait to hand it back.

Something about Nokia just doesn't fit anymore. Everything just seems so samey and dated...

Ben
12th November 2008, 11:53 PM
Everything just seems so samey and dated...
Nokia are on something of a design diet at the moment. They'll get their act together again soon... meanwhile, their handsets remain competent and they shouldn't have too many problems shifting them, this one included. They may have to wave goodbye to their mega margins for while though :)

miffed
13th November 2008, 08:10 AM
Something about Nokia just doesn't fit anymore. Everything just seems so samey and dated...

Mate , I've felt that way for a while now , I see the last innovative Nokia's as being the 6600 , the N95 and the some of the E series

I actually do like the 'blackberry' format of these phones , I didn't realise how much I liked it until I got an E61 - but it makes for a really nice experience
Although , I do consider the model to have moved backwards a little - as one of the main reasons I liked it was the LARGE screen , which Nokia did away with after the E61i for some reason.
I have a strong feeling that brands like Nokia , SE have had their day , I think the iPhone has really upped the ante , clunky chunky menus are no longer going to cut it - And the new forerunners will be Blackberry, Apple , HTC's Android handsets
Of course , If Nokia et al 'could' step up their game , then they may be among them , but it seems they simply don't have the 'vision' - until they do , they'll probably enjoy plenty of trade from the sort of people that buy a Nokia simply because they've always bought Nokia's - But I suspect their days of owning the market are on their way out.

The Mullet of G
31st December 2008, 01:40 PM
Mate , I've felt that way for a while now , I see the last innovative Nokia's as being the 6600 , the N95 and the some of the E series

I actually do like the 'blackberry' format of these phones , I didn't realise how much I liked it until I got an E61 - but it makes for a really nice experience
Although , I do consider the model to have moved backwards a little - as one of the main reasons I liked it was the LARGE screen , which Nokia did away with after the E61i for some reason.
I have a strong feeling that brands like Nokia , SE have had their day , I think the iPhone has really upped the ante , clunky chunky menus are no longer going to cut it - And the new forerunners will be Blackberry, Apple , HTC's Android handsets
Of course , If Nokia et al 'could' step up their game , then they may be among them , but it seems they simply don't have the 'vision' - until they do , they'll probably enjoy plenty of trade from the sort of people that buy a Nokia simply because they've always bought Nokia's - But I suspect their days of owning the market are on their way out.

Yeah its hard to see any of that happening anytime soon. Blackberry have been kicking about for ages now, and iPhone has been out for 2 years or so and yet Nokia still have a huge margin, and its not exactly plummeting fast. I think its all a bit silly predicting doom and a future without Nokia, it reminds me of those oddballs that keep saying Linux is going to kill off Windows next year. :p