21st May 2005, 02:41 PM
Do you think the 6680 will be out on orange this month or in June

Jon3G
21st May 2005, 02:43 PM
I voted june

Want it to be out sooner, but dont want to get my hopes up

Sped
21st May 2005, 04:06 PM
Just been reading another forum and someone who works for orange as just had something tell em that it will be out on monday....but theres only gonna be 1500 sent out to start wi. I rang Orange shop in Wakefield and asked, she told me that they where hoping to get em again monday but couldnt promise..Just asked if i could pre-order 1 and she asked for me number and would get back to me if they come in.

Jon3G
21st May 2005, 04:10 PM
Just been reading another forum and someone who works for orange as just had something tell em that it will be out on monday....but theres only gonna be 1500 sent out to start wi. I rang Orange shop in Wakefield and asked, she told me that they where hoping to get em again monday but couldnt promise..Just asked if i could pre-order 1 and she asked for me number and would get back to me if they come in.

Orange retail dont tell the truth, I have found that loads of times, well will see again

Ben
21st May 2005, 05:52 PM
Well... OTV launches next week on the 6680... so they have to release at least a few 6680's next week!

Jon3G
21st May 2005, 07:07 PM
Well... OTV launches next week on the 6680... so they have to release at least a few 6680's next week!

Yes, but Orange 3G sopposed to launch in October with the Z1010 - but it didnt

I hope it does because I want one

baston
21st May 2005, 09:21 PM
the question is which shops will get them first. Looking at the orange magazine , I thought the shops * will get them first.

Jon3G
21st May 2005, 11:15 PM
the question is which shops will get them first. Looking at the orange magazine , I thought the shops * will get them first.

its was in Orange magazine in April, The Z1010 was in Orange mag in September and it didnt come till December

I am not against Orange just spectical

Ben
22nd May 2005, 04:01 AM
If Orange were to delay the launch of Orange TV after all the hype of their press release then they'd be losing a lot of face. The fact that they only released the PR at the last minute suggests that they're now ready to roll.

Orange didn't put out a PR about the launch of their 3G handset offering back in October in the same way they've done so for OTV. I'm not saying the 6680 wont be incredibly illusive next week - but they've got to sell some or they're going to be a complete laughing stock.

Orange never give firm dates for the release of handsets onto their network. However, with OTV only being available on the 6680 and OTV launching next week, it surely a dead cert. I can't wait to be proven wrong...

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 10:07 AM
I do hope it does.

However I can remember seeing 3G adverts in October and November, I also can remember the 2 page spread in the ORange mag in November.

I have not seen many OTV adverts on the box, but then again I dont watch alot of TV

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 10:09 AM
Plus other handsets support this new tech

http://www.orange.co.in/ourservices/services/orangetv.asp

However I cant find OTV on the Orange.co.uk site and its not in the May issue of Orange mag

Hands0n
22nd May 2005, 10:28 AM
On visiting the website it was interesting to read the following .........

setting up Orange TV
If you have an EDGE compatible handset, you will find the settings pre-loaded on to it already. Just choose Hutch_GPRS as your setting and enjoy Orangeworld.

Hutch? ? ? :confused: Who they :)

Oh, just noticed the .in country code in the domainname! So thats not for us then :(

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 02:25 PM
On visiting the website it was interesting to read the following .........

setting up Orange TV
If you have an EDGE compatible handset, you will find the settings pre-loaded on to it already. Just choose Hutch_GPRS as your setting and enjoy Orangeworld.

Hutch? ? ? :confused: Who they :)

Oh, just noticed the .in country code in the domainname! So thats not for us then :(

Its all I could find when I did an search for Orange TV in Google. It also points out that OTV in my opinion will not be coming next week in the UK at least
No adverts on Orange.co.uk
No adverts or write up in Orange Magazine
I personally have not seen Clear advertising for this.

We will see :)

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 02:27 PM
Plus

From my understanding the trials only started a month a go on Orange.

I think we are being very optamistic

Matty Moo
22nd May 2005, 02:35 PM
Think this will be of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4563007.stm

It also says that the 6680 will be launched next week.

Ben
22nd May 2005, 02:39 PM
So it does :) So it's all going to boil down to whether Orange are stupid enough to actually announce a launch for once and then withdraw.

getti
22nd May 2005, 02:50 PM
I have been informed by a friend who works for Orange the 6680 WILL br next week. WHich day though is the question.

He thinks Monday (tomorrow) but I think Wednesday as that is when they get deliverys

lunatique
22nd May 2005, 02:53 PM
How's this

http://www.orange.com/English/media/pressarticle.asp?id=148

Straight from the horses mouth.

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 02:55 PM
We will see, if it does then I will have a 6680 next week. But all I was saying, News articles claiming October and November as launch dates for the 3G services and it didnt happen. I you all go back to another fourm we all know so well you will find these posts and the links to the news sites including the BBC

We will see

Its just strange that nothing appears on the Orange.co.uk website and nothing in the Orange mag, even though this is going to be a massive move for Orange.

Maybe the 6680 will come, but I am not 100% convinced the the OTV will appear.

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 03:04 PM
How's this

http://www.orange.com/English/media/pressarticle.asp?id=148

Straight from the horses mouth.

indeed straight from the horses mouth

But that was the 19th May, but we are now on the 22nd May and you still cant sign up

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 03:06 PM
I have been informed by a friend who works for Orange the 6680 WILL br next week. WHich day though is the question.

He thinks Monday (tomorrow) but I think Wednesday as that is when they get deliverys

Getti not flaming you, but you have to start to question your friend who is reliable.

these are all posts from you with your friends info and most with different dates

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1831#post1831

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1949#post1949

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1535#post1535

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=399

Ben
22nd May 2005, 03:36 PM
lol Jon3G

We're going to see soon enough... with Big Brother launching Friday I can't see how they can't get the phones AND OTV out this week. But stranger things have happened. Lets leave this thread be until a few days time...

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 03:54 PM
lol Jon3G

We're going to see soon enough... with Big Brother launching Friday I can't see how they can't get the phones AND OTV out this week. But stranger things have happened. Lets leave this thread be until a few days time...

I hope 6680 comes instead, I want one I want one now

getti
22nd May 2005, 10:34 PM
Getti not flaming you, but you have to start to question your friend who is reliable.

these are all posts from you with your friends info and most with different dates

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1831#post1831

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1949#post1949

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1535#post1535

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=399

Yeh i know tell me about it. I know 3 people in Orange all who told me dates they were told and then Orange delay it again.

Its down to Orange taking too much bloody time to get a handset out.

Its annoying me because I am trying to get a good name with people for information and i have to keep changing the dates because of info they been told but was wrong

Jon3G
22nd May 2005, 10:43 PM
Yeh i know tell me about it. I know 3 people in Orange all who told me dates they were told and then Orange delay it again.

Its annoying me because I am trying to get a good name with people for information and i have to keep changing the dates because of info they been told but was wrong

The more information you give helps because people from this site to use it to stores and probe for more. It also gives us a little hope

Dont take it personally and I really didnt want to discredit you.

Admin

Can you remove my post I think it could discredit Getti

Ben
22nd May 2005, 11:23 PM
I think Dan has taken your comments in the spirit they were intended, so don't worry about it. We all know that any date to come out of Orange is an estimate anyway - it's just this time there seems to be actual evidence 'from the top' that something may move this week.

getti
23rd May 2005, 07:51 AM
Yeh dont worry about it. The whole idea of a Forum is to communicate with other people and comment about things.

If anything has annoyed me, Orange have with the constant delay of thgis phone

Hands0n
23rd May 2005, 08:08 AM
I don't know if this is of any use but the following article appeared on The Register yesterday which I reckon signals that the release is very very imminent (today maybe?)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/05/22/orange_touts_tv_on_3g_mobile_phones/

What is interesting also is that the page on The Register is Orange branded!

Jon3G
23rd May 2005, 09:41 AM
The page is pasted with Orange adverts

getti
23rd May 2005, 10:58 AM
Plymouth told me today 'its due this week'

Im guessing Wednesday or Friday

Jon3G
23rd May 2005, 11:03 AM
I hope it does, I have just phoned CS and they say this week and I also phoned Meadowhall store in Sheffield and they say this week

Fingers crossed

Ben
23rd May 2005, 01:38 PM
Well, there's no OTV on Orange World just yet - assuming that my handset will be picked up as a 6680.

getti
23rd May 2005, 02:17 PM
they wont put anything about Orange TV on the WAP site until the 6680 is launched as an 'Orange phone'. Else all the Sim Free people can use it

Ben
23rd May 2005, 03:00 PM
According to 350, Orange have several new promotions and offerings planned for 1st June. The chap said that Orange TV will either launch this week, if the national launch of the 6680 goes ahead (it does indeed appear it'll be a Wednesday launch), or on June 1st. Perhaps wider handset support will be available for June... or maybe the other offers are completely unrelated.

Providing there are no further 'hiccups' it does indeed appear that Orange will finally release the 6680 this week.

Come on Orange, don't let me down - I voted for May! ;)

Jon3G
23rd May 2005, 03:28 PM
According to 350, Orange have several new promotions and offerings planned for 1st June. The chap said that Orange TV will either launch this week, if the national launch of the 6680 goes ahead (it does indeed appear it'll be a Wednesday launch), or on June 1st. Perhaps wider handset support will be available for June... or maybe the other offers are completely unrelated.

Providing there are no further 'hiccups' it does indeed appear that Orange will finally release the 6680 this week.

Come on Orange, don't let me down - I voted for May! ;)

I am in a predicament. I voted June, but I want a 6680.

Sped
23rd May 2005, 05:07 PM
No wonder i didnt get my phone call today then......plz plz plz be a defo wednesday release. Tell ya soon as i get mine im throwing a party :D

Jon3G
23rd May 2005, 09:22 PM
Day one over and no 6680 or OTV. We will see tommorrow. If it comes I beleive it will be Wednesday

baston
24th May 2005, 11:39 AM
got call from cheapside in london to collect my phone today .So hope to get it by then end of the day

Hands0n
24th May 2005, 11:45 AM
Its on the Orange website now, wasn't there a day or so ago (I looked on Saturday) http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_6680/detail

Not yet available on pay monthly but website says it's coming soon ........ but thats the website online offer, so the shops will have got it first, maybe?

Damn, I gotta wait till November or pay a further £125 to upgrade early. Grrrrrrrr Not so Easy 3G for me :)

Ben
24th May 2005, 11:51 AM
lol Hands0n, it's been on the Orange website since 3GSM! It's the longest coming-soon in history!!!

baston - that's fantastic, looks like the Media Centre were telling the truth then: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626

Can you let us know ASAP if you are able to download Orange TV from Orange World when you get it?

Hands0n
24th May 2005, 12:51 PM
Okay Ben - I'm off to Specsavers right now :eek:

getti
24th May 2005, 12:57 PM
Phone Orange Upgrades. They have in stock

Jon3G
24th May 2005, 01:29 PM
Phone Orange Upgrades. They have in stock

But can you order it

getti
24th May 2005, 02:01 PM
Yes you can. Either as a New Connection or an Upgrade.

However...............

Its quicker to wait until TOMORROW and get one in store (if you can). That means you come out of the store with one in your hands instead of waiting for delivery.

You will need to have your name on the 'preorder' list though because EVERYONE wants one

Jon3G
24th May 2005, 04:13 PM
Yes you can. Either as a New Connection or an Upgrade.

However...............

Its quicker to wait until TOMORROW and get one in store (if you can). That means you come out of the store with one in your hands instead of waiting for delivery.

You will need to have your name on the 'preorder' list though because EVERYONE wants one

Yes
yes yes yes

ITS ALIVE

baston
24th May 2005, 04:14 PM
so I managed to pick one up but I'm waiting for it to activate. The guy in the shop told me that orange tv should be on this phone. Update when that works

Jon3G
24th May 2005, 04:33 PM
so I managed to pick one up but I'm waiting for it to activate. The guy in the shop told me that orange tv should be on this phone. Update when that works

SO how much did you pay for the handset

baston
24th May 2005, 05:59 PM
got it free on a upgrade

getti
24th May 2005, 06:44 PM
what plan? must be Prem 600 which is what im gonna get on

Ben
24th May 2005, 06:49 PM
Not necessarily - upgrades are done on monthly spend not on tariff, so if baston is a big spender then Orange will do everything they can to keep them happy :)

Jon3G
24th May 2005, 08:32 PM

Getti you were right this time. Thank you insider for the info

getti
24th May 2005, 08:41 PM
No probs.

Im just pleased I got it right this time lol

Jon3G
24th May 2005, 09:27 PM
just phoned to try and get one and its out of stock,

Oh my god :mad:

getti
24th May 2005, 10:23 PM
AH CRUD!!.

This means the Torquay store had better get 3 or more 6680's in tomorrow or im stuck AGAIN!

Ben
25th May 2005, 02:06 AM
just phoned to try and get one and its out of stock,

Oh my god :mad:
LoL! Gotta move quickly I'm afraid, the 6680 is hot hot hot! It's like the Star Wars movie of mobiles right now ;) But obviously it's a lot better than Star Wars...

3GScottishUser
25th May 2005, 06:48 AM
Its now on the Orange website from £79.99 on contract.

Expect to see it rolled out to dealers within the next 4-6 weeks after Orange themselves mop up all the initial interest.

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 09:52 AM
it was on there yesterday
https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=637

But when you phone up to order it Direct sales say they are sold out and so do upgrades.

baston
25th May 2005, 09:54 AM
So far I cannot see any new channels on the orange world so I call and ask them.

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 09:57 AM
According to Ben the new channels are not launched till Friday
https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626

getti
25th May 2005, 10:55 AM
ok i am officially pissed off now with Orange.

3 months late, was told will be in stock today..... none came in

what a joke

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 12:05 PM
I have just spoke to a guy who provides our business phones and he tried to tell me that the handset was not launched on Orange yet and its still in testing lol He said that he was a direct dealer for ORange and would get the stock first before anyone. So I directed him to the ORange site and mmmmmmm, well they must have it first - I will get back to you he said

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 12:05 PM
ok i am officially pissed off now with Orange.

3 months late, was told will be in stock today..... none came in

what a joke

Just called my Orange shop in meadowhall and told that none were in stock. Just called Orange direct and told out of stock - what a joke of a launch

getti
25th May 2005, 12:18 PM
I phoned Orange Direct at 11.31 and managed to get one.

Will be here tomorrow or friday

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 12:26 PM
I phoned Orange Direct at 11.31 and managed to get one.

Will be here tomorrow or friday

it must be a ramdom thing then, I will give them a call and report back

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 03:01 PM
Not Orange but.....

Just phoned Voda and gave them the story about my 6630 playing up and the kind chap called John agreed that he would send me a 6680 for nothing, so I am getting one in the morning and sending my 6630 back. I am stilling going to go for Orange but not just yet

getti
25th May 2005, 04:15 PM
OH I DONT BELIEVE IT!!

Torquah have JUST had 5 come in now. 1 of them is mine ready for pickup

Ben
25th May 2005, 04:34 PM
Congratulations getti! :) I look forward to the review. Spread the 6680-love!

getti
25th May 2005, 06:20 PM
Im back!!.

6680 in my hand on Premier 600. Phone was Free. Also i got the offer cause of Premier meaning i pay £40 a month for 6 months then back to £55 a month

Jon3G
25th May 2005, 06:37 PM
Im back!!.

6680 in my hand on Premier 600. Phone was Free. Also i got the offer cause of Premier meaning i pay £40 a month for 6 months then back to £55 a month

Wow excellent, I get mine in the morning so I will report back

Jon3G
29th May 2005, 12:05 PM
Is the dual mode option in network settings deactivated in the Orange version

simax
29th May 2005, 04:12 PM
The option is there to lock to GSM only if that's what you want.

Getti is of course, a lightweight, as he's taken the 6680 back and gotten a SE K750i!

Madness!!!!! :eek:

Although I'm not as enthusiastic about handsets as I used to be (remember when the 7110e came out? I was all over the place!!), once Agile Messenger is added to the handset it makes it complete! Nice gadget (notice the g word:) )

Could I live without the 6680? Yes. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't have one.

Is it the dogs nuts though? Certainly is!

Simon

Hands0n
29th May 2005, 04:29 PM

Stop it! I'm getting twitchy enough as it is ;) I just need to hold out until November :eek:

Jon3G
29th May 2005, 07:18 PM
The option is there to lock to GSM only if that's what you want.

Getti is of course, a lightweight, as he's taken the 6680 back and gotten a SE K750i!

Madness!!!!! :eek:

Although I'm not as enthusiastic about handsets as I used to be (remember when the 7110e came out? I was all over the place!!), once Agile Messenger is added to the handset it makes it complete! Nice gadget (notice the g word:) )

Could I live without the 6680? Yes. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't have one.

Simon

Cheers thats nice to know orange have not locked the option out

Ben
29th May 2005, 07:48 PM
Getti... you took it back?! and got a K750i INSTEAD OF the 6680?! Are you off your trolly boy?

getti
29th May 2005, 09:26 PM
Well i still have the phone here but its had an RA number created.

Im gonna ring up on tuesday and see if i can activate it again as i still have it infront of me (no real reason why not). That way i will have BOTH one of the best 2G phones and the best 3G phone

simax
29th May 2005, 11:28 PM
Just discovered that I'm eligible for my Orange "Liberate" phone in july, and that is coincidentally when the Nokia N70 is launching on Orange......

WoOoOoOoT!!!! :)

Best of both (or ebay the bugger!) ;)

Simon

3g-g
29th May 2005, 11:51 PM
How did you find out your Liberate date? That message about the refresh cycle has been on for months, and the missus keeps pestering me for a new handset...

Jon3G
30th May 2005, 08:38 AM
Just discovered that I'm eligible for my Orange "Liberate" phone in july, and that is coincidentally when the Nokia N70 is launching on Orange......

WoOoOoOoT!!!! :)

Best of both (or ebay the bugger!) ;)

Simon

Whats that?
Is it your word for upgrade

3g-g
30th May 2005, 01:21 PM
Shhh.. it's a secret word, it can only be used by those in the know. But no, it's not a word for upgrade... Shhh...

Jon3G
30th May 2005, 01:24 PM
Shhh.. it's a secret word, it can only be used by those in the know. But no, it's not a word for upgrade... Shhh...

Lol

So its a Orange staff word

Lol

simax
30th May 2005, 11:01 PM
Yes, very Liberate-ing ;)

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 09:49 AM
I may call them up soon and spook them out with the codeword and see what happens

3g-g
31st May 2005, 05:30 PM
I really don't think you'll get any reaction, not unless you're talking to ISUBs.

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 05:47 PM
I really don't think you'll get any reaction, not unless you're talking to ISUBs.

Whats ISUBS

getti
31st May 2005, 06:14 PM
Well my 6680 didnt come today. Although to be honest i was not expecting it too as i ordered yesterday and it was a bank holiday.

Tomorrow should be the day im told

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 06:17 PM
Well my 6680 didnt come today. Although to be honest i was not expecting it too as i ordered yesterday and it was a bank holiday.

Tomorrow should be the day im told

I thought you already had one - You orded yours before mine

Ben
31st May 2005, 08:55 PM
He did... but he got cold feet and got a Sony Ericsson... then realised life isn't as good without 3G and bought another one!

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 08:59 PM
Lol

The guy could not wait then he says no and now he wants one

Your a funny guy Getti

getti
31st May 2005, 09:17 PM
:D you will learn that i find it hard to stay with 1 phone. Im sure Simax will confirm this.

Basicly this is what happened. I had a 6680 preordered for 3 months with my local Orange store. I was told it was coming out on the Wednesday so when i phoned the store on that day they told me they had 0 in and dont know when they will get them.

So i phoned up Orange.co.uk and ordered as an additional over the phone. 4.30pm on Wednesday (same day) I get a call from Orange to say they HAVE my 6680 in for me to collect so i go down and get it as an additonal.

I was advised when the 6680 comes on Thurs to not open and phone up for a RA number which i did.

About 2-3 days later i heard about the K750i being out and i really wanted to get one because of the 2 megapixel camera. Unfortunatly i was a right muppet and upgraded my original number to a K750i and then RETURNED my 6680 leaving me with ONLY K750i.

Unfortunatly for me i started to miss the 3G speed more or less straight away. I sat down and worked out my money and found out i can afford to run 2 phones quite easily.

So i phone up Orange to cancel my RA number request..... no one there til Tuesday.

Monday i phone up on the off chance and someone picks up. I find out I CANNOT stop the cancelation request now it has to be within 24hrs (even though they were shut :rolleyes: ). They said if i want one just order another and send the one i have back.

So thats what i did on Monday. Still got the £40 Prem 600 offer (not £55) which is nice.

Phone should be here tomorrow so i will have BOTH a SE K750i and Nokia 6680

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the story

getti
31st May 2005, 10:25 PM
:d :d :d :d :d

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 12:28 AM
:d :d :d :d :d

You mean

:D :D :D :D :D

getti
1st June 2005, 07:40 AM
Strange.

I clicked on that face on the side but they didnt come up

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 01:34 PM
That has happened a few times to me on another forum.

Thats PHP for you

getti
1st June 2005, 03:16 PM
Yay my 6680 has just come. Phoned up to get activated and now its all working

Jon3G
2nd June 2005, 10:03 AM
Have you tried OTV yet

b.weeks
9th June 2005, 02:19 PM
Well, apparently the phones have come in and are shipping out to customers - only thing is they are out of stock again now :-(

Jon3G
9th June 2005, 02:56 PM
The phones have been shipping for 2 weeks