View Full Version : HSDPA Dongle with 1GB now £39 PAYG

3GScottishUser
26th December 2008, 10:32 AM
Like the look of the Vodafone Mobile broadband deal for light users.

£39 buys the dongle and 1 GB of data then it's £15 for each additional 1GB of data as needed.

Not thrilling value but the key factor is that there appears to be no time restriction and you can use your data as you see fit.

I only use my dongle occassionally so the above seems a good bet. The deal could be a killer if they upped the allowance to 2GB for £15 and who knows what promotions will apply in future.

Hands0n
26th December 2008, 05:56 PM
This is indeed a great starter/introduction to 3G HSPA communications, although with this particular offer there is no access to the full 7.2Mbps - but then thats a bit moot if you live outside the metropolis or a major airport :)

A great way to start

miffed
26th December 2008, 07:48 PM
As I said in the other thread , I like this deal - Personally it'd be a great opportunity to test drive Vodafone' s Data network - Hell even if I used the 1GB and threw it away I'd only be £24 out of pocket !!

Hands0n
26th December 2008, 08:44 PM
Thats the crazy thing about it - I walked past the Vodafone store in Bluewater and nearly went in to buy one!! I already have one FFS!!! I don't need another!!! But the allure of £39 for a USB dongle was almost irresistable. I had to take myself into a corner and give myself a jolly good talking to LOL :D

solo12002
29th December 2008, 06:34 PM
Forgive me if Im wrong but I understand that its £10 a Gb, so if I wanted 3 Gb its £30 pounds, but £15 on three and o2.

Not a good deal after all

miffed
29th December 2008, 06:50 PM
I thought it was £15 Per GB ?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this is the cheapest , but a lot of people tout the Vodafone product as being superior to other offerings , and the network being more robust - I am not is a position to confirm that personally , but having used (or tried to use) Three's offering , I would gladly consider a more expensive alternative rather than try to use their shambles of a service again
No , this offer has its place (for the "v" curious , or light / occasional users) - but it is definately not the cheapest by any stretch !

Hands0n
29th December 2008, 06:54 PM
Forgive me if Im wrong but I understand that its £10 a Gb, so if I wanted 3 Gb its £30 pounds, but £15 on three and o2.

Not a good deal after all

I suppose it all depends on what one considers a "deal".

On face value the Vodafone proposition is not the cheapest, in fact it isn't at all. But the actual network and the support that you can get for it is hard to surpass.

By comparison 3's offering is cheaper but their network coverage and speed is not the equal of Vodafone, and their customer service needs no introduction to anyone who hasn't been living in a cave for the past near-on six years!

But that is just my own personal experience and opinion ;)

solo12002
30th December 2008, 05:46 PM
3' Customer service needs no introduction to anyone who hasn't been living in a cave for the past near-on six years! Im more than halfway into a contract with them and fully understand the issues as Ive currently have one with mail on three were two email accounts I have and worked well on their two week poilt no longer work on Internet Max add on, and im still waiting them to address it, mind you i did get an email saying it take 10 working days plus closed for xmas etc, so 2nd of Jan they know about it again.

Ive brought one of the o2 ones as back up, £2, a day for 500Mb, £7.50 a week for 1 Gb and £15 for 3GB lasting 30 days.

Im so tempted to take one of the o2 sim only deals, at £20 for 600 mins and 1000 text including mobile internet, free voice mail and cheaper roaming rates But I miss the email access and the fact i can use my mobile in south of Ireland.

Vodafone dont make it clear if I can get email at what price on their sim only deals, plus I lose out on free voicemail and cheaper roaming rates