View Full Version : T-mobile online upgrdes - Are they having a laugh ?

miffed
6th January 2009, 11:16 AM
Well , My "spare" T-mobile contract is up for renewal , so I have just checked out their offers online (I am a actually out of contract with them now)

I have two accounts with them , one of which (the wifes) is around £20 per month ,and the other is on Flext 25 or 30 (not sure) + Web'n'walk - around £35 per month

So , what are they offering me to keep my £35 pm ? Well heres some highlights
, I can have an original N95 for £110 !!, or a Vario III for .......£320 !!???

How does that work ? I got an Vario III on the wifes upgrade about 8 months or so ago , and I am sure I paid around £50 for it .

G1 , to a new customer on a £30 tariiff ? - FREE ! , to loyal customer of around 4 years on a £35 contract ? £145 !

T-mobile, you really shouldn't look to profit from screwing your loyal customers !
I may ring up to see if they can improve on it , but given the lack of interesting handsets , I may just tell them to stick the contract !

Ben
6th January 2009, 12:43 PM
Online upgrades suck. The networks really don't give a damn, the last thing they want to do is make getting decent upgrade subsidy easy.

Orange's online upgrade service used to be a pretty poor show, too.

Existing customers should get preferential deals over new ones. There are no new customers left in the UK! Will the networks never learn?

Hands0n
6th January 2009, 11:57 PM
Yea, I had a weird experience with T-Mobile on-line when I was due my last upgrade. I wanted an N95 but it got all really very silly with the price.

A few weeks later I wandered into the Bluewater T-Mobile store, had a natter with the staff there, got told I was a "Silver Customer" which is allegedly quite a good thing to be, and a few minutes later walked out with a fresh 18 month contract and a free (!!) Nokia N95 [classic]. A saving of some £120 vs the on-line upgrade price.

I think Ben hits the proverbial once again - there really are no new customers left in the UK. The UK market these days is all about churn. Any company that does not manage its churn rates will suffer in the medium to long term.

miffed
13th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Here we go ...
So just to recap , T-mobile reward their loyal customer with a G1 for £145 , on a £35 per month Tariff

www.buymobilephones.net (A company I have used before with few problems )
Offer the same G1 on a £34 tariff , for FREE , plus £115 instant cashback !!
http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/HTC/T-Mobile-G1-White/T-Mobile/T-Mobile-Flext-30-(18mths)-Free-Web-n-Walk-Plus/330048,0

Not that I want a G1 , but the level of "piss take" by T-mobile is phenomenal ! , Renewing with them could have seen me out of pocket to the tune of a staggering £260 !

Talk about being punished for being a loyal customer !!