View Full Version : Android, next major release "Cupcake"

Hands0n
7th January 2009, 04:37 PM
For all of you three or four T-Mobile G1 Android handset owners :D here is what you might expect in the next big software update codenamed "Cupcake"

http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake

Do post your observations and findings when it happens please :)

Ben
7th January 2009, 05:32 PM
Has anyone actually tried building Android from the source? There are instructions for OS X!

Though god knows what you're supposed to do with it once you've built it.

gorilla
8th January 2009, 01:46 PM
Well video recorder, cut and paste, MMS (can it do this already?), A2DP bluetooth support, and the ability to download stuff, are immediate standouts for me.

I think Android will drive iPhone development! That doesn't mean it will necessarily be better, but at least it will provide serious competition.

It kinda makes you wonder why MS could never build a decent mobile OS, given their resources, both in financial terms and inhouse developers.

Ben
8th January 2009, 04:56 PM
It kinda makes you wonder why MS could never build a decent mobile OS, given their resources, both in financial terms and inhouse developers.
Mhm. I don't consider their desktop OS to be decent, either, so it doesn't really escape me.

Office is good. If there's one thing Microsoft do well, it's Word and Excel.

Hands0n
6th April 2009, 07:22 PM
Err, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that it is now April and the announcement for Cupcake was back in January? Meanwhile, in Apple iPhone-land we've had how many updates and a month established for the next one?

Come on Google, you're going to have to do much better than that. Well, you will if the iPhone people is your target market.