View Full Version : Nokia 6680 Launch Dates

Ben
31st March 2005, 06:58 PM
Ok, here are the much speculated launch dates for the 6680:
Vodafone: 8th April
Orange: Imminent, April
O2: Imminent, expected April

Not a lot else is known!

SIM-Free pre-order is available on Expansys (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119205) and has been for some time, but prices are now as follows:
Handset Only Our Price: £404.95 (344.64 exc.)
With Vodafone Connection From: £169.95 (144.64 exc.)

eBay purchases are already taking place, but at very high prices. Within a few weeks this phone should be available to anyone who wants it.

Ben
1st April 2005, 06:17 PM
My local Orange shop was initially suggesting they'd have the 6680 out this week, probably today. Obviously this hasn't happened. They're now suggesting next week, or the week after.

It looks like the handset could come out any time now. I'd have thought Expansys would be selling it already, but they too aren't. The news artlce that this handset is shipping has come and gone - where are they all!

Jon3G
1st April 2005, 07:10 PM
I have been told mid next week and voda mid april time. Cant wait

Ben
1st April 2005, 07:21 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one holding out for this handset! It just looks fantastic... I think the sliding cover over the camera makes a big, big difference - especially as it activates the camera function. Taking pictures with it should be so easy that I might actually use the camera!

I just hope we're not disappointed :p

Jon3G
1st April 2005, 11:52 PM
I have got a 6630 and I hoping it comes soon because even though I love my 6630, I really want this phone. more or less the 2 phones are the same but the 6680 just looks sexy and hot.

Jon3G
1st April 2005, 11:55 PM
I am going to try and do what I did with my V800

I had a V800 from the launch of Voda 3G. I bought it on day one. I then saw the 6630 come out and wanted it, so I made up loads of faults with it and then told a CS girl that I have advised by 3G support that the best thing to do is swap my handset for another and see if that fixes the problem and guess what I got my 6630 plus £30 refund because it was cheaper

lol

SO I am going to try with the 6680, I have had already loads on problems with the 6630, so it wont take long

Ben
4th April 2005, 11:44 AM
If your V800 is in working order then a better alternative would probably be to sell it and pay the upgrade fee for the Nokia 6680. If the handset is in working order and you try and return it then that fact may well get diagnosed by the service centre. Not to mention how unethical it would be! :p

Ben
4th April 2005, 03:54 PM
The Nokia 6680 is apparently in the new edition of the Orange magazine. This is encouraging - but still not a clear indication of when Orange UK plan to release the handset. Orange had their 3G phones in the magazine a good few weeks (perhaps months) before launch actually took place, and I'm not sure of their track record with regard to the time it takes handsets to come out once they've been featured.

Expansys are also, still, keeping their cards close to their chest!

A limited number of handsets are available via private sellers on eBay, but please be careful when using auction websites - especially for products that haven't been released in this country yet.

Jon3G
5th April 2005, 04:55 PM
If your V800 is in working order then a better alternative would probably be to sell it and pay the upgrade fee for the Nokia 6680. If the handset is in working order and you try and return it then that fact may well get diagnosed by the service centre. Not to mention how unethical it would be! :p

No I have got rid of my V800, Voda changed it when I complained of the issues with it for a 6630. Now my 6630 may start having issues :rolleyes:

Ben
5th April 2005, 05:23 PM
How have you found your 6630? Perhaps you could post in the Nokia 6630 section telling us a little bit about it? I really wanted this phone - and would have had it if the software issues hadn't put me off.

Jon3G
5th April 2005, 09:24 PM
I will post a review in a few days. Its been ok. I have not had the issues like many Orange customers, but I have had serious battery issues and random switching off

Ben
8th April 2005, 06:08 PM
The Nokia 6680 is now available SIM-Free from Expansys (http://www.expansys.com/). I have never used expansys so I can't offer you any advice.

I've ordered mine from a different company - I'll post details about them after the order is successfully received. Fingers crossed.

Edit: If you order from Expansys it wont ship until the end of April.