View Full Version : G1/ T-mobile Troubles

miffed
24th January 2009, 03:55 PM
My Daughter has just bought a G1 , Have to admit , I am very impressed with the UI , I had a little play with one a few weeks back , but I am must say I am much more impressed with it having had a proper play ..... But ...

Unfortunately we are having some trouble , Using her simcard , she can send SMS's , make outgoing calls , and browse t'internet , She cannot receive calls or SMS's - I performed a restore of the device , and after restoration , all the "test" messages we sent magically arrived all at once , as did the missed calls , but any new messages and calls simply didn't show up , and calls go to voicemail
Now the strange thing , is that we got exactly the same behaviour from my SIM (t-mobile) - Yet in any other phone , it works fine !
We are in a poor T-mobile reception area here (despite the Postcode checker showing good coverage for 3G & 2G ) so I think this is playing some part , but then calls to my wifes T-mobile N73 get through 8-10 times , so I am sure there is a deeper problem , lying with the G1 itself IMO

Shame as the UI is great !

Hands0n
24th January 2009, 05:14 PM
My elder lad has a G1 and absolutley loves it. He has not had any of the problems you describe, and I must say that it does rather sound like it is a problem with the handset itself rather than the T-Mobile network. Our coverage is superb (the nearest transmitter is less than 200m away hence the lack of need for heating in this house) but he does work in marginal areas without anything like what you've described.

Return for exchange perhaps?