View Full Version : Battery life

delinquentwoody
25th May 2005, 10:05 AM
I was just wondering if everyone is happy with their battery life on the 6680, as last night something strange happened to mine!

The handset had a full charge in the evening, and I sent 2 text messages before going to bed, but when I woke this morning the power had mysteriously gone down from full to 1 bar!

I've had the phone about a week now, and up until then its been spot on - that was only the second charge in the week.

Ben
25th May 2005, 10:53 AM
Mhm, have heard this mentioned - a general assumption might be that an application or process crashed causing a lot of processor usage to occur. It certainly sounds like the handset was doing a lot less sleeping than you were!

I take it you've probably switched it off and on again by now... keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again! I'll keep my eye on mine - it's not done it so far. I did use half my battery yesterday though through being connected to data for a good few hours.

keithmdw
26th May 2005, 08:47 PM
I had a similar problem.

2nd day I owned the 6680, battery charge went from full to 1 bar in about 10 minutes. At the same time the phone got so hot it wasn't comfortable to hold it. This happened twice.

I have had the phone replaced this week by Vodafone and the new one hasn't done anything odd yet, but I'm still not 100% happy with the battery life - it lost 3 bars in 36 days - my pold 6820 used to lose this over a week!

delinquentwoody
26th May 2005, 08:58 PM
I'm still not 100% happy with the battery life - it lost 3 bars in 36 days

Incredible! I take it you mean hours :)

Well i've rebooted the phone (there were no programs running that night when it used the power btw) and fully charged it since, and in 36 hours it's used 75% of the battery with only a 10 minute conversation. Personally i'd expect it to last longer than this, (ie 1 to 2 days) but hey I'm not complaining as it is such an excellent phone.

Hypnotic
26th May 2005, 09:25 PM
Why the hell do people care about battery life. If it lasts longer than a day be happy, go home, charge it, it'll last another day, hen go home and charge it again.

keithmdw
26th May 2005, 09:27 PM
Incredible! I take it you mean hours :)

:D :D :D Yes, I did mean hours!

gorilla
1st June 2005, 12:19 PM
I'm happy enough with the battery life on mine. I've had to charge it twice in a week which seems reasonable to me.

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 12:26 PM
No problems with the battery so far on mine however I did have problems with my 6630 and was due to loads of apps being open all the time. Best thing to do is

Hold down the MENU key until and bar comes up with all the running programmes. When it does close the ones you dont want open by highlighting them and pressing the cancel key (the C key) and then that should help with the battery