View Full Version : Mail On OVI Launch

getti
11th February 2009, 03:08 PM
anyone using OVI should check out http://mail.ovi.com where you now get a FREE 1GB inbox using your OVI login.

www.worldofnokia.co.uk

3g-g
12th February 2009, 05:30 PM
Would that be Ovi that'll lose that 1GB of data you've asked them to keep safe?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/12/ovi_contacts_crashes/

Ben
12th February 2009, 06:05 PM
Lol, quite funny that they lost a load of stuff due to bad backup procedure. Oh well, it happens to the best of 'em.

miffed
13th February 2009, 11:07 AM
both ovi users seriously inconvenienced

lol !! :D:D

solo12002
16th February 2009, 10:12 PM
From what Ive seen so far, Im not inpressed, Nokia trying to copy mobileme and their offering is CRAP.

Ive signed up for OVi, I find its bloody slow to download pages, at times I click on icons to find it takes me to another page like a backgrond hyperlink. I also note that they will charge £5 a month for 1Gb of storage, £60 a year.

So far ive not came across the option of push email. There are free ones out there like:

myFunambol!

miffed
17th February 2009, 06:53 AM
To be fair , wasn't OVI around before mobileme , its just that ..... Well , its Nokia through and through - Dull and buggy !

Ben
17th February 2009, 10:10 AM
I don't know... I thought Ovi was a glorified music store to start with and the other stuff came later :S

Hands0n
17th February 2009, 08:17 PM
Hmmm, oh well, the Nokia fanbois will no doubt love it to bits, even if it is a pile of the proverbial. It makes me kinda glad that I've simply moved on :)

getti
17th February 2009, 08:42 PM
lol i can say the same about Apple fanboys and Mobile Me.

chaslam
17th February 2009, 08:47 PM
To be honest with you, I dont really find any of this very interesting. I have so many different email accounts now I cant be bothered to set up another one. Ive just brought a mobileme subscription to keep both my macs up to date (I only paid £19.99 for it, so you cant complain) and I have to say, I would never ever pay £60 for it. £20 is the most I would go, and it would be the same for any service like this. I havent actually used the ovi service yet, and only just this second activated my mobileme account, so I shall see how I get on.

Ben
17th February 2009, 09:39 PM
See, I sync 3 Macs, a Windows PC and my iPhone, so I think MobileMe is good value for me. Not so much when it didn't work, but they more than made up for it with al the free time.