View Full Version : T-Mobile, farewell

Hands0n
19th February 2009, 11:27 PM
Well here we are then, 15th February 2009 has been and gone, I'm out of contract with T-Mobile. Having been with them for some 36 months I think that I have a fair appreciation of their service. It isn't half bad, and I can recommend it highly.

Especially so I can heartily recommend their Flext tariffs which are superb value and very flexible. I do think that it is the way forward.

But the time has now come to part company and this weekend I will be hanging up my T-Mobile stirrups.

The Nokia N95 is a bit tired and I'm just not using the tariff anymore since taking up the iPhone on O2's network. I had fancied the Google G1 handset, but really I cannot do it any justice in the shadow of the iPhone. If I were to re-subscribe and take on a G1 it simply wouldn't get the use of the iPhone. I've finally reached a plateau :D

Possibly, just possibly, had the G1 preceded the iPhone I would be using that right now. The new Google Sync seems to have solved the shortfalls outside of Mobile Me. But my bridges are formed and eschewing the iPhone in favour of a G1 + Google Sync is simply not an option for me.

Ben
20th February 2009, 12:42 AM
Quite sad really. I should really think about hanging up on my Vodafone contract when the 18 months are through (can't be far off now), but whether I will or not I don't know. Maybe I'll go back to SIM only again, if they let me.

Some of you may already know that I don't make a great many calls on mobiles. So I was quite surprised to see I'd been on the iPhone for 3.5 hours last month on my O2 bill. I've heard people say the iPhone is not great as 'just a phone' and I'm going to have to disagree - I'm getting sucked in to using it in every which way.

So, yes, end of an era for you I guess - marks a big departure from Flext and the N95, pioneers of their time, to the limitless data and touch screen world we're in now.

miffed
20th February 2009, 10:59 AM
marks a big departure from Flext and the N95, pioneers of their time, to the limitless data and touch screen world we're in now.

Not to mention "Web & Walk" , not the original 40mb plan , but the 1GB + & FUP plans really were the turning point IMO.
I too have left T-mobile due to lack of upgrade options , but there will always be a special place in my heart for them - IMO they have done the complete opposite to Orange , and taken a network that was absolutely dire . and turned it into (IMO) probably the best network and CS we currently have

Ben
20th February 2009, 11:13 AM
Yes, I suppose doing the opposite to Orange is quite a good analogy. Though I think parent company Deutsch Telecom are yanking them around quite a bit at the moment, I don't think T-Mobile UK is performing excellently these days. I still read of big acquisition budgets some months and then absolutely squat the next, suggesting that there are internal daemons that need to be slain.

getti
20th February 2009, 12:31 PM
suggesting that there are internal daemons that need to be slain.

No i am not 1 of them! :D