View Full Version : I nearly did it :)

Hands0n
21st February 2009, 03:58 PM
A few days ago I posted that I was about to leave T-Mobile, and that really was my full intention. But today, when speaking to their glorious customer services (thank you Sarah and Kay at Loyalty Retentions for your superb service) I was persuaded to hang around for a bit longer.

I called in first to get my handset unlocked and for £15 it is not an unreasonable charge. I should be receiving the subsidy code in the next few weeks by letter. I'm happy with that.

While on that call Sarah observed that my contract was due to run out on 15 March which we talked about. I am not ready to enter into another 18-month commitment, and with my other phone, am not ready either to contemplate a Google G1 handset even if the tariff charge is the same as what I am spending right now. So she suggested the T-Mobile Solo 15 which is a do-day SIM-only deal costing £15 for 300 minutes and [currently] unlimited texts. A remarkable deal, or should that be steal, by any measure.

This gives me the opportunity to keep the T-Mobile relationship with the added benefit of being able to rationalise my monthly mobile spend by junking the younger lad's Vodafone SIM at £20 with inferior minutes and texts.

And so on to Kay at Retentions and within a few moments the contract SIM has been arranged to switch to Solo 15 on the end date, 16 March 09.

All of this was very helpful and completely painless. Most important of all it was effective and satisfactory. A model for other networks to aspire to. This, people, is how it should be done :)