View Full Version : MBP for sale

chaslam
25th February 2009, 05:35 PM
Right, now that I have my air, I have no need for my macbook Pro. Its in excellent condition, Very few marks or scratches, the only thing thats faded is the latch that opens it. It still works, but the shiney finish has rubbed off, and is now a dull silver instead.

The specs are:

2.16 Core2Duo
2GB RAM
120GB HDD
OSX Leopard

Its about 3 years old, everything is working perfectly on it, its just not needed anymore!

Now im looking for £300, but the battery is completely dead, so you will need to buy a new one from the apple store. I believe they are £99, but dont quote me on that. It runs fine off the power, everything works perfectly, but the battery just doesnt hold a charge.

If your interested, want any pics, or have any questions let me know. I would rather send it to a good home then flog it on ebay or something :).

miffed
25th February 2009, 05:41 PM
Blimey , thats a Bargain ! ... If only I could convince the wife I'd have it - cant see it hanging around at that price

chaslam
25th February 2009, 05:46 PM
Do you think im asking for too little for it? Its one of the older generation ones, but it doesnt have a battery with it so its kind of £400 rather then £300, thats why im asking for a little amount.

miffed
25th February 2009, 05:56 PM
Well this place value it to £830 !! , I can't say how accurate it is though

http://www.mac2sell.net/

I recently looked at used MBP'S on ebay , ab I don't recall seeing much under £500 tbh

I am sure the others on here will help you work out what it's worth !

Hands0n
26th February 2009, 12:33 AM
Blimey Chaslam, thats incredibly cheap, even without the battery, as others have said on here. But if you really insist then I'd be interested in putting in a bid at that price :D It would be in good company with the rest of my Mac flock, or is that herd, gaggle, school, pack?

miffed
26th February 2009, 09:23 AM
Blimey Chaslam, thats incredibly cheap, even without the battery, as others have said on here. But if you really insist then I'd be interested in putting in a bid at that price :D It would be in good company with the rest of my Mac flock, or is that herd, gaggle, school, pack?

I'd be a bit careful there , As any mac breeder knows , you can't keep two MBP's together when there is a macbook in the house, as they'll fight for alpha status ;)

Ben
26th February 2009, 09:39 AM
It does feel like a good price, but then this is the version with the ATI graphics, yeah?

I'm sure it'll make a really nice laptop for somebody. Good to hear it's going strong after 3 years.

chaslam
3rd March 2009, 05:33 PM
Ok, im going to increase the price to £375. its not a huge price increase, but after looking around I think I will be able to get this for it. If anyone on here wants to take it I will do £350 plus delivery, because I know you guys will give it a good home :). if anyone would like some pics please ask and I will take :).

Biohead12
5th March 2009, 07:55 AM
Blimey Chas - it's been a long time!

If you can wait till I get paid around the end of March I'd be very intested in this! I've always been after one.

Biohead12
22nd June 2009, 10:08 PM
Still kicking myself over this! Noone got any intel macbooks going? :(