View Full Version : 6680 Orange - How do I customise the standby screen?

jonnyguitar
26th May 2005, 01:57 PM
I've just bought a Nokia 6680, and I am fairly happy with it, however my main issues are due to over-customisation by the Orange network.

The biggest issue I have is the "standby screen". I hate the Orange one with all the links on the left, and with all the links to Orange World etc. I can't find a way to customise it though. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Is there a way I can change the Standby Screen in the settings? Or is there some kind of mod? Is it possible to flash the phone entirely to get rid off all the Orange stuff?

I know you are supposed to be able to customise the standby screen in settings>phone>standby-screen, but that option is gone and I am just left with some NAV key options.

I am VERY upset with Orange for this. It's just their evil way of pushing Orange World links on us. :mad:

TIA - Please be nice, I am just a newbie!

Thanks!

getti
26th May 2005, 02:04 PM
Hi Jonny i also have a 6680 (2 infact one just came but going back now) and you MUST keep the screen.

However i used to hate that on the C500 but its really good on this phone, much easier to use.

I STRONGLY advise AGAINST flashing the phone because if you have any problems Orange will NOT help you

getti
26th May 2005, 02:05 PM
2 pics of the Orange 6680.

jonnyguitar
26th May 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Jonny i also have a 6680 (2 infact one just came but going back now) and you MUST keep the screen.

What do you mean I MUST keep the screen??! What if I bought the Nokia 6680 FOR this feature?!?!