View Full Version : O2 internet add bolt on/blackberry

solo12002
14th March 2009, 12:14 PM
im thinking of going for one of the o2 sim only deals as I can get the following:

Online simplicity 20 SIM Only
Pay Monthly contract
1200 texts / 600 mins
Includes BlackBerry
Unlimited landline UK Calls

All for £20.

What I want to know is, what can I do on the Internet Bolt on that I cant do on Blackberry?They also use to include ITS and free voicemail, have to check that out yet

Hands0n
6th April 2009, 07:25 PM
@solo12002 - did you ever do this? What are your findings? Good value?

What I didn't get first time is ... they're giving you a Blackberry with a Simplicity contract? Surely not :confused:

solo12002
6th April 2009, 07:46 PM
Have to say no and as Im using nokia email dont need one. My question was in repect of the web bolt t on or the blackbeery bolt on as I have a nokia E51and could use both. I was just wonder what i got with one and not the other, but as I found nokia email, it suites me better

Hands0n
6th April 2009, 07:52 PM
LOL - I thought you meant that £20 30-day contract included a Blackberry! Doh! LOL. I get it now ...

Personally, I'd use any other email than Blackberry - I had my fill of BES and BIS a couple of years ago when doing a contract stint. Never want to be involved in that ever again ...

getti
6th April 2009, 08:24 PM
The main screen on a BlackBerry is nice but the email client looks like its back in the days of MS-DOS!

Hands0n
6th April 2009, 08:28 PM
The main screen on a BlackBerry is nice but the email client looks like its back in the days of MS-DOS!

Pretty much from whence it came :)

Lets not forget the Blackberry's origins - the west side of the Atlantic. As we've seen with other design faux pas from t'other side of t'pond, our cousins over there have a very basic set of requirements. It is only once the need to Europeanise the devices that we start to see the features and UI that we feel most at home with here. The UK, especially, is a much more advanced market than a lot around the world. The way in which we change [handsets] so frequently drives the rapid change that we've seen from the manufacturers. The market here is that much more discerning.