View Full Version : OS X for the iPhone

Hands0n
17th April 2009, 08:34 PM
It rocks :cool:

There, I just wanted to be the first to post in this new corner of Talk3G.

But then again, the iPhone OS X really does rock. It may not multi-task like Symbian or Windows Mobile but that hardly matters at all. Apple have given absolutely fine reasons why they chose not to allow it to - although it could if they ever decide to unfetter it. That would probably require a new battery technology that would allow such power to be unleashed.

Meanwhile, OS X appears to be very stable, solid, functional. More of its capabilities are about to be unleashed in version 3.0 of the software. We should anticipate some novel developments from the ISVs who build apps for that OS.

miffed
18th April 2009, 11:58 AM
One feature that I have really adopted as second nature is multi-touch. When it was announced I thought "Yeah , nice gimmick" , but now I have used it on the iPhone for 18 month or so , and the MBA for a few months , I have now become dependent on this feature !
When I use other touchscreen devices (got a couple of UMPC's and a few WM smartphones) - I find myself trying to "pinch" to zoom , and the same with other computers , I use a Vista Laptop at work , and I am always trying to zoom into web pages and Pics on the trackpad !
I seriously would not buy a non multitouch Laptop now , and I be loathed to buy a Mobile device without it too - Steve Litchfield reviewed the Omnia HD , and even he pointed out that multitouch was pretty much a requirement if you want a USABLE on screen keyboard !

Hands0n
18th April 2009, 02:55 PM
I do believe that the key reason for the iPhone's success is it's usability, as you mention already. No other handset with a screen-based UI comes even close in that area.

That it comes without any manual is a testimony to the manufacturers confidence. The sales say it all.