View Full Version : Do we have any Android users on here?

Hands0n
17th April 2009, 08:39 PM
Well? Do we?

I've been touring one or two other UK-based Android forums and the chat on there is very little. Not much going on at all really.

What is this saying about the state or sales of the G1? Is it that there are simply not enough Android handsets out in the market yet? Why would that be an issue? For exmple, the Internet is virtually burning up with iPhone commentary. I'm not suggesting the G1 has sold as many, but it is as widely available.

So where are the Android users? Huh? :confused:

getti
17th April 2009, 10:01 PM
i use one at work if that counts :D

Ben
17th April 2009, 10:03 PM
Yes, where the hell are they all?

I think even a niche 'product' has to reach a tipping point before it can develop a cult following and I think Android is just a bit too small still at the moment. There's that new software version coming out soon though that adds a stack of new stuff, like the on screen keyboard, so I think/hope once that and new handsets hit the streets there'll be more life.

I bet Microshaft are battling very very hard to limit hardware manufacturers to Windows Mobile. You just know there'll be some very aggressive licensing discounts for manufacturers who commit to using Windows Mobile/Phone instead of Android!

miffed
17th April 2009, 10:23 PM
The lack of interest does seem a little strange TBH , Especially considering the the hiuge following the iPhone (which even the G1 manages to get closer to than any other device on the market )
A bit strange , bit of a shame too IMO

gorilla
21st April 2009, 12:41 PM
Maybe the G1 is just really easy to use that no one seeks out support on forums.

Or maybe the G1 is not that interesting? I like the idea of Android, but I don't like the G1 and lets be honest, unless there is a decent Android handset out by the time iphone 3.0 comes out, who's going to ditch the iphone over Android?

I personally think Android is going to be a better choice of mobile operating system for consumers. Purely because it's Open Source and Apple are very protective of OSX and this means any Android handset (shouldn't) have the same restrictions imposed on it. Although, in the real world that probably wont happen!