View Full Version : New iPhone for Vodafone?

getti
24th April 2009, 11:04 PM
found this handy little site out http://portal.beta.vodafone.com/

Looks VERY UK based and is made for iPhones. With the rumors that Voda are bidding for the new iPhone, and the new beta portal up for iPhones could Vodafone be securing the new iPhone on their network this year?.

I hope so because it will be good to see how another network handles having such a sought after phone

Ben
24th April 2009, 11:26 PM
Lol the pic on the right is of an iPhone. Funny.

Wishful thinking?

They're tw*ts for missing out on it the first time around, just like Verizon, and now regret it. Tbh I think the deals with O2 have been better for everyone - the unlimited data and WiFi have been an eye opener for me!

miffed
25th April 2009, 08:23 AM
I really do hope not , I have absolutely zero problems with o2 and feel confident that , should I have a problem , there is a decent CS team to help out , It would be a real shame to see the iPhone go to the likes of Three/Vodafone/Orange exclusively
But then I do have to have an iPhone III , So I hope the unlockers get their fingers out if this does turn out to be the case !

chagle
25th April 2009, 09:01 AM
I have to say, I have never really liked Vodafone. So I certainly wouldn't like the new iPhone (If there is one) to be exclusive to Voda.

O2 customer service are brilliant - Whenever I have had to phone them, they are knowledgeable and very helpful.

Even their 'offshore' email department get the job done whenever I've had any queries via email.

My best case scenario though would be the iPhone being available on TMOB - That, for me would be just perfect.

So I'd be happy for either O2 or TMOB. :-)

miffed
25th April 2009, 10:55 AM
Agreed , T-mobile would be great , but I am impressed with the way o2 have stepped up TBH

Just had a look at the "Vodafone iPhone homepage" , the very concept of a "Vodafone Homepage" suggests (in the words of Sir Alan Sugar ) ...They haven't got a bloody clue !! They clearly aren't paying attention :(

Hands0n
25th April 2009, 11:12 AM
.....So I hope the unlockers get their fingers out if this does turn out to be the case !

Rebel Simcard

a_ukboy
26th April 2009, 09:45 AM
Well to be honest i have a couple of friends quite high up in Vodafone, one being a network project manager and both have told me they have heard nothing about iphone coming to Voda, they have also asked around..

Me thinks its all just a rumour

miffed
26th April 2009, 11:55 AM
I note that the little Video thing says "you don't need to be a Vodafone customer" to use their portal :confused:

I am wondering whether this is more likely to be preparation for a SIM free iPhone , rather than one shackled to Vodafone ?

Hands0n
26th May 2009, 06:27 PM
Things just got a little bit more delicious :D see here --> http://portal.beta.vodafone.com/HelpWidget/images/vodafone_demo_final_v2.1.swf

Note the URL reads ".../vodafone_demo_final_v2.1.swf"

The new Vodafone iPhone Homepage is there for anyone to use, you do not have to be a Vodafone customer to sign up to and use it.

Now why would Vodafone go to all of the bother if they were not getting the device?

gorilla
26th May 2009, 09:36 PM
A couple of points:

1. they say you don't need to be voda customer, but you still need to register (are they going to spam you?)
2. why would anyone want that homepage? Certainly most iPhone users are going to have their internet experience already predefined and therefore there is no need for this vodafone service.

Perhaps if voda invested in reducing their network tariffs as opposed to investing in these additional services they would get more customers.

solo12002
26th May 2009, 10:37 PM
" if voda invested in reducing their network tariffs as opposed to investing in these additional services they would get more customers"

I tottaly agree if you look at the sim only deals. For £20 o2 will give you 600 mins, 1200 text, free voicemail,internet acess, or another blot on of your choice ITS (cheaper roaming) and Ireland Blot on with calls costing 20p to othernet works etc outside the 600 mins.

Vodafone for £20 offer 200 mins unlimited texts, no free voie mail, no internet or other blot on and then charge you 20p for voicemail and calls after that