View Full Version : CR-27 Mobile Holder

keithmdw
26th May 2005, 09:32 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the CR-27 holder will be out so I can connect the phone upto my car kit?

I use my phone a lot in the car and since swapping my 6820 for my 6680 I have a car kit I can't use because Nokia don't have the sense to release the cradles at the same time as the phones!

Ben
26th May 2005, 10:35 PM
Hmm... I'm sure I read elsewhere that someones existing Nokia car kit works fine with their 6680.... but I have no idea which one it was I'm afraid! No idea from me as to when the CR-27 will be out :(

keithmdw
27th May 2005, 08:39 AM
The 6680 works fine with the bluetooth car kits, but I don't have a bluetooth kit, and even if I did I would still want the cradle so it charged my phone.

My kit is the CARK-126 which I have been told will work with the 6680 providing I use the CR-27 cradle.

Gkdeseng
6th June 2005, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised Nokia released the phone and not the craddle.

I was told by 2 independent car-kit installation companies that the CR-27 is unlikely to be available until at least the end of June - cost £30.

Don't forget you'll need the conversation cable CA-55 (approx. £40) if you are NOT using a bluetooth hands free car-kit.

keithmdw
6th June 2005, 07:15 PM
I already have the CARK-126 car kit which has pop-port on so I (hopefully) shouldn't need anything other than the CR-27.

I ordered mine on back order but was told probably another 6 weeks!

Ridiculous Nokia!

Darren
7th June 2005, 12:15 PM
I too have a 6680 and a Cark-126. Be carefull because it appears that Nokia have locked us Cark-126 users out. If you plug the connector straight into the bottom of the phone it will more than likely say 'Enhancement not supported' I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for days but I am drawing to the conclusion that it is never going to work. Thanks Nokia!!!! :mad: Has anybody else came accross this?

keithmdw
7th June 2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, I tried plugging the cable directly into the phone and got that message. It did charge the phone though. Someone who fits kits told me that the cradle 'may' have some hardware/software built into it to make it work, but until it's out and someone has tried it we'll not know.

Either way, I need the cradle so I have ordered it on back-order. When I (eventually) get it I will try with my CARK-126 and if it doesn't work I'll have to get a new car kit. It's already becomming a real paid for me in the car.

Yes, thanks Nokia for selling me a CARK-126 and conning me by saying it would work with ALL future pop-port phones!

MDR
20th July 2005, 07:59 PM
Hi KeithMDW,

I, like you, am miffed that Nokia declared that the 126 would be 'future proof'. Have tried to call their tech services to find out if my 6680 (with the CR-27 cradle) will work with my existing CARK-126. Had to give up - despite numerous calls and email I simply could not get through. Have spoken to several online suppliers who are unable to shine any light for me - all of them have different opinions. SIO Communications (follow the link) give some interesting info in that the CK-7W kit is a mix of the old 126 black-box with a bluetooth add-on. I purchased my 126 off of SIOCommunications and the owner (Terry) was absolutely brilliant and extremely helpful in helping with the install etc - unfortunately he is away on holiday at the moment. I am sure that once he surfaces he can answer all of our questions!!

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/CK-7W.html

In the meantime.....

Can you say who it was that said it would work? I was told from mobilefun.co.uk that they feel the CR-27 (£26) will only work with a Cark-91 (which was before the 126 - odd)! and a cable CA-55 (£37)! So like you and many others, it seems that Nokia simply do not provide enough info on compatibility issues, and more annoyingly, do not respond to questions.

It's also ridiculous that the cradle was not launched and made available at the same time as the 6680 release! So much for promoting safer hands-free driving - nice one Nokia!

Grateful for any info you, or anyone else, regarding the 6680 / 126 configuration would be much appreciated. Many thanks, MDR