View Full Version : T-mobile payg blackberry

solo12002
27th April 2009, 11:07 PM
First orange now T- mobile.

"T-Mobile Announces a UK First for BlackBerry Customers: Pay Once for a Year of Unlimited Email and Internet

T-MobileUK today unveils a new way to pay for a BlackBerry®smartphone: Pay once for a silver-coloured BlackBerry® Pearl 8110 smartphone and a year’s unlimited* email and internet access.

The ˜Pay once’ concept is a market first, giving people the chance to experience the hugely popular BlackBerry email service and access to internet sites and social networks on the move for a year “ all for just a single payment of £179.99. Customers just have to top-up their credit as usual to make calls and send texts and picture messages.

T-Mobile’s new offer is set to make BlackBerry smartphones accessible to new groups of mobile phone customers. It’s sure to be a hit with students, letting them stay connected to family and friends by email, via IM, Facebook or MySpace. And for those just starting out in business “ whether they’re running a small business or entering the workplace for the first time “ it’s the perfect way to access personal and work emails, without the worry of hidden costs.

The ˜Pay once’ concept also makes giving a BlackBerry as a gift viable for the first time, as there’s no ongoing cost involved for the person giving the gift, and the recipient just pays for top-ups for calls and texts when they want to.

The T-Mobile BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone comes in silver, and features a 2 Mega pixel camera for snapping photos and recording video, in-built GPS so you’ll never get lost again, and a 3.5mm earphone jack for listening to music on the move. The pre-loaded quick-links include favourite sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Flickr. And as you would expect from a BlackBerry smartphone, there’s also a user-friendly SureType® QWERTY key pad which makes writing messages and making phone calls quick and easy.

Richard Warmsley, Head of Internet and Entertainment, T-MobileUK, commented: T-Mobile’s Pay once BlackBerry is the world's first package to offer a year's instant email and internet for a one-off payment. For an affordable £179.99, get a brand new silver BlackBerry Pearl smartphone and unlimited e-mail and web for 12 months, with top-ups available for calls and texts. When life can feel busier than ever, it's even more important that everyone has the right to easy email and web access to keep friends and family close, and to help to organise their busy lives. Now customers have a grab-and-go quality BlackBerry solution that means they don't have to think about the cost of using email and internet services for 12 months.

no word as to how much it cost after the year is up which is disapointing:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/about-t-mobile/media-centre/

Ben
28th April 2009, 08:50 AM
It's an interesting development to be sure. It reminds me a little of the PAYG iPhone tariff. I think bundling a whole years worth of data with a PAYG device is one of the few, if not the only, ways to spur uptake of data services in this sector.

miffed
28th April 2009, 09:24 AM
Excellent !

I am actually tempted to have a go at this , simply because I want some "blackberry" experience of some description

I'll have a think about it !

getti
28th April 2009, 03:12 PM
We had the demo silver one come in a few days back. looks nice in black and silver.

I will get some photos up when back at work tomorrow

solo12002
1st May 2009, 07:38 PM
Well after all the debate and big press release, can one find anything about the PAYG Blackberry on the T-Mobile site. Like F@@@

solo12002
2nd May 2009, 11:16 AM
Getti

As you work for T-Mobile can you explain why after their big press release about the blackberry pearl 8110 on PAYG.

There is no information, in fact its not even listed on the T-Mobile web site, no information at all.

Is this an own goal (ie ) one hell of a cock up or is it just the fact they now work with three!

getti
2nd May 2009, 09:47 PM
It will be on the site i would imagine by Monday but it is a bit of an own goal from a network point of view. We have 3 of them in store and our large window advertising is about PAYG BlackBerry but we only found out the info 2 days or so before the launch.

I knew it was coming before as i have my contacts up the chain like i do with 3 and Voda CS, but what with the lack of info on PAYG Blackberry, The new shocking advert that was just on TV and rumors of the parent company DT maybe looking to sell im starting to switch off from it now and just do my job whilst i can instead of trying to figure things out

solo12002
2nd May 2009, 10:23 PM
Poor you. you should of stayed with Three. Can you jump ship to o2?

getti
2nd May 2009, 10:47 PM
Why o2????

Hands0n
2nd May 2009, 11:34 PM
The safest thing for anyone to do is to stay put. Ride out the storm.

getti
3rd May 2009, 07:56 AM
PAYG BlackBerry now on the site

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-as-you-go/blackberry/8110-pearl-payg/overview/

solo12002
3rd May 2009, 10:33 AM
Im really starting to think T-Mobile is now three. First they issue the press release thats you can get the mobile from 01 May 09, and then take untill the 3rd to put the information on the web site. If thats not funny enought they then put out this on the site:

"BlackBerry Pearl 8110 Offers the whole kit and caboodle email experience with a slimmed down keypad so it's perfect for work and play"

Now I wonder were I seen or heard of KIT and CABOODLE before!

I was thinking of going for this deal, however its not a 3G device and I am now thinking of geting a 30 day sim on o2, with 600 mins, 1200 texts, free internet, free voicemail, ITS for roaming and the Ireland blot on for £20 pounds, this way I can use nokia email for up to 10 accounts and leave my options open in case theres a new Iphone in June/July.

Geti the reason why i said jump to o2, it appers you worked for all of the other networks todate lol

getti
3rd May 2009, 12:56 PM
I worked for 3 and T-Mobile. Never worked for O2, Vodafone or Orange (yet lol)