View Full Version : MMS on 3.0 Beta 5

a_ukboy
16th May 2009, 03:06 PM
Now i know you have to get this activated on o2's side but i have been reading on the o2's forum that lots are able to send mms but still get the standard text with a link when recieving, so anyone on here on 3.0 beta 5 able to send MMS but not recieve? and what are your mms settings in settings, general, network, cellular data network?
I have tried the standard thats there:
APN mobile.o2.co.uk
username vertigo
password password

And these 2 i have found on the net:
APN wap.o2.co.uk
Username Vertigo or o2.co.uk
Password password
mmsc http://mmsc.mms.co.uk:8080
mms proxy 193.113.200.195:8080

Anyone who's is working got any difference? i've tried and tried but it keeps failing!

Thanks

a_ukboy
6th June 2009, 09:51 AM
Ok, i have just been sent an mms from o2 (1010) saying welcome to mms and the image says only on o2 then all done, so looks like o2 are now switching on mms on iphones account, so definatly looks like the new os 3.0 will definatly be released Monday!! just wondered how us developers change from the beta 5 to the official release when its out? surely itunes will automatically tell us we have the latest version??

Well i still can't send, it fails but can recieve them now without getting the text alert, im guessing its because i don't have the o2 settings in the beta 5 version?

I have just managed to send an mms, hooorahhh....

Just decided to see if i can update my itunes as im on the beta version of that too, but it tells me i have the latest, i think its gonna do the same with the official version of 3.0..

Hands0n
6th June 2009, 11:10 AM
... just wondered how us developers change from the beta 5 to the official release when its out? surely itunes will automatically tell us we have the latest version??

Just decided to see if i can update my itunes as im on the beta version of that too, but it tells me i have the latest, i think its gonna do the same with the official version of 3.0..

If iTunes 8 (you have updated to the latest release that came out in the last few days, right?) does not prompt you to "update" to 3.0 software then you will have to set the handset to Device Firmware Update (or DFU) mode. But before that you will have to grab yourself a copy of the official 3.0 firmware from the Apple website - the URL for that will be locatable via the likes of Google once the official sofware is out.

To put your iPhone into DFU mode this handy short guide will help http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Although, there was a problem with DFU mode introduced into OS X Leopard 10.5.7 - I am not sure if that has been overcome yet. If not you may want to do this on Windows which was not impacted by the OS X 10.5.7 "DFU bug".

Hands0n
6th June 2009, 11:12 AM
Update to the above:

The DFU problem on Mac OS X 10.5.6 was allegedly fixed in 10.5.7 (see http://rdsbc.blogspot.com/2009/05/apple-releases-mac-os-x-1057-dfu.html).

Apple has just released Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7, an incremental update for its flagship OS. If you’re Mac user, you probably get the automatic update alert and have already upgraded to this latest version. This incremental update has addressed several security issues and other bug fixes. And there is one bug fix that is particularly crucial to iPhone users:

The DFU problem on Mac OS X 10.5.6 is now fixed!

When Apple rolled out the previous version of Mac OS X update (i.e. 10.5.6), there is a bug introduced that prevents iPhone user from putting iPhone into DFU mode, which is the essential procedure for jailbreak. At that time, you can only use USB hub to bypass such issue. Today, with the release of 10.5.7 update, the DFU problem is fixed and you do not need to rely on other workarounds to bypass this issue. So, if you’re Mac user, I recommend you to upgrade to this version.