Just some intial comments on the 6680 on Voda

In the Box

64mb RSMMC
standard charger
Standard Nokia earphones
6680 manual
Voda 3G guide

The phone on first glance
Very impressive and the colour is a light silver colour with just 2 operator Voda logo on the back and not very over powering with the standard voda logo on the bottom of the screen. The Nokia logo on the back is silver with red writing ( I persume that is a Voda touch.

The menu
On using the phone for the first time the menu is very responsive and easy to use. Its a standard symbain setup. The phone as 5 themes in total to chose from and on of them is the Voda theme.

Camera
Not really played with this much, but I have found the delay like lots of people have reported so make sure you dont take anything moving to often. The VGA is ok qulity but then again thats for video calling. I will report further on this

Impressions so far

I really like the phone and I dont think Voda have spoilt in too much. One thing I have noticed on the Voda version is that the operator log has been replaced with a graphical one

Anyway I will report back more

Jon3G
27th May 2005, 01:19 PM
Just gone through the applications and I have found Adobe PDF viewer and its actually a official adobe product. Its under the office section on the menu section - does any other version have this?

Jon3G
27th May 2005, 01:21 PM
I have also noticed that the slide on the camera activates and deactivates the camera - very nice

Jon3G
28th May 2005, 09:00 AM
The battery life seems to be much better on the 6680 compared to my 6630. My 6630 would lose charge within 24 hours this has been going and been played with non stop and the battery is still strong

Jon3G
28th May 2005, 09:01 AM
I have also noticed that the slide on the camera activates and deactivates the camera - very nice

Its is now getting annoying - This also unlocks the key lock

Ben
28th May 2005, 11:51 AM
It doesn't unlock the keylock, it just allows you to take pictures without unlocking the phone. If you put on a security code then this will prevent this from happening.

The suite of applications, including PDF viewer, are preinstalled on the Nokia RSMMC on all handsets.

Jon3G
28th May 2005, 04:11 PM
Ben

Cant see yours being any different because its sim free

When you move down the slide for the camera then it unlocks the phone. If you then press a key to exit the camera then it keeps it in unlocked mode and does not relock. The only instance were the phone relocks is when you slide the cover down take a picture and the slide it back up and then it locks

This is a worry when you have it in you pocket and this does happen and the phone stays unlocke.

Try it and report back

The PDF viewer is also on the 6630 but its not the official Adobe version and no one had reported that the 6680 had the Adobe version pre - installed

Jon3G
30th May 2005, 12:41 PM
Admin

Just tried uploading some pics of the Voda version and it would not let me because of the file size. The pics were only 640kb and there is pics bigger than that on here. Could you please advise how I can upload the pictures

Ben
30th May 2005, 02:08 PM
The maximum filesize for jpegs is about 390kb. You'll need to resize your images until they're an appropriate size for the forum.

Jon3G
30th May 2005, 08:01 PM
Cheers Ben

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 10:19 AM
Just been sent a text by Voda fone to advise me that they have credited back £150 for the price I paid for my V800 back in November because the 6680 would have been free on the tarrif I subscribed to

I think this is the deal of a century

V800 - £150 paid

Then I got 3 lots of credits of £10 pounds for the mis understandings with price plans and other issues

Then I was given a 6630 in Feb and given £30 credit for the differnce between a V800 and a 6630

Then I was given a 6680 plus £150 because they failed to see I had already been credited back £30 of the charge

So I have had 3 phones in 9 months and around £210 pound in credits

Orange would not make such mistakes

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 01:10 PM
Ben

Cant see yours being any different because its sim free

When you move down the slide for the camera then it unlocks the phone. If you then press a key to exit the camera then it keeps it in unlocked mode and does not relock. The only instance were the phone relocks is when you slide the cover down take a picture and the slide it back up and then it locks

This is a worry when you have it in you pocket and this does happen and the phone stays unlocke.

Try it and report back

The PDF viewer is also on the 6630 but its not the official Adobe version and no one had reported that the 6680 had the Adobe version pre - installed

Did you try is Ben?

Jon3G
4th June 2005, 11:10 PM
Some photos - Notice the operator logo this was pre installed and does not come on when you insert another sim from another network

Jon3G
4th June 2005, 11:11 PM
Also notice the Red Nokia sign very nice I think