View Full Version : HTC Magic Android OS 1.5 Cupcake demo

Hands0n
17th May 2009, 02:54 PM
For those wondering what all the fuss is about this Android thing ... There is a rather nice 15 minute demo here --> http://www.slashgear.tv/htc-magic-android-os-15-cupcake-demo-315/

Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee before sitting down to this :)

solo12002
17th May 2009, 10:15 PM
Very nice. Im not sure if I go for touch screen and if i did im not sure about buying a goggle one.

Thre other thing with apple is that have a good history and you can but the iphone on PAYG. You cant do this with vodafone for now

Hands0n
17th May 2009, 11:56 PM
I find the touchscreen technology of both the iPhone and the HTC Magic work completely for me like no other before. It really is that good.

A couple of months ago I bought a new LG Viewty that has the membrane touchscreen technology. It is horrid, clunky, difficult and very inaccurate. It is like every membrane touchscreen before it.

The new capacitive touchscreens in the iPhone, G1 and HTC Magic are completely different. They sense the touch without requiring any finger pressure, just touch that is all that is required.

I think the day of the PAYG HTC Magic will not be too far away. Apple have shown that people will pay in excess of £300 to have this technology. The other operators would be mad not to copy.

Expect to see a lot more Google and pure Android handsets through the next 12 months. The lid on Pandoras box is now well and truly open :)

solo12002
18th May 2009, 07:25 AM
"The lid on Pandoras box is now well and truly open" Ah handson thats why you only post at night, you cant come out when the sun is up.

Still leaving your bite marks then!!

LOL