View Full Version : Iphone 3.0 beta 5 problems

a_ukboy
20th May 2009, 05:46 PM
Ok, so i've had beta 5 now for over a couple of weeks now and realised for me anyway it has its fair share of stability problems, what i've discovered so far is:
1. Iphone takes between 1 to 2 mins to get a signal on powering on device.
2. Very often on coming out of standby the sliding bar's not working.
3. Settings menu takes ages to load up, especially wifi.
4. Text's takes ages to load up.
5. Frequent dropped signal, going from full signal to no signal for a min or two.
6. Keyboard keeps dissapearing on certain apps and quite often on safari, can still use the keyboard but you have to guess where the letters are.

Well that's all i can think of for now, so has anyone else found any problem?

Also was wondering if its possible to downgrade the software on the iphone without jailbraking and turning it into a brick?

gorilla
20th May 2009, 08:04 PM
1. Iphone takes between 1 to 2 mins to get a signal on powering on device.

No, the device powers on very quickly and locks onto a signal quickly.

2. Very often on coming out of standby the sliding bar's not working.

I've seen this a couple of times, but not very often.

3. Settings menu takes ages to load up, especially wifi.

Sometimes, but the settings menu is much faster overall than 2.x, for me anyway.

4. Text's takes ages to load up.

Sometimes, it takes ages to send since beta 5, but I tries to get MMS working and figure it has something to do with that. The SMS app is no slower than 2.X.

5. Frequent dropped signal, going from full signal to no signal for a min or two.

No more than normal, I put that down to the iPhone looking for the strongest signal. Either O2 have started upgrading their network here, or 3.0 is better at holding onto the 3g network, because I now have 3g more often than 2.X. That doesn't mean I have a strong 3g signal, quite the opposite. O2 suck in that regard.

6. Keyboard keeps dissapearing on certain apps and quite often on safari, can still use the keyboard but you have to guess where the letters are.

I've only ever seen this on Safari and reopening the app brings the keyboard back.

Also was wondering if its possible to downgrade the software on the iphone without jailbraking and turning it into a brick?

I think officially you can't, but I think there is a work around. Try this thread (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6612)

chagle
21st May 2009, 07:38 AM
I think officially you can't, but I think there is a work around. Try this thread (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6612)

Been there, done it! As you can see from that thread! LOL.