View Full Version : Vodafone 50 MMS Bundle for £2 pcm

Hands0n
26th May 2009, 06:06 PM
A couple of years back Vodafone removed MMS from the inclusive tariffs which caused something of a stir. Customers departed to other networks when the contract renewal came about, unsurprisingly.

The standard Vodafone charge for MMS is £0.35p each.

Since then there has been a constant "noise" from paying Vodafone customers who want to stay with the network but are still upset that they have to pay this additional charge for each MMS.

The situation is further aggravated because if you send an SMS to a group of more than 3 addresses the network bundles them up into an MMS and charges you accordingly! For some people this will cause some nasty surprises to appear in their monthly bill, and no doubt create some ill will towards Vodafone.

Of late, though, Vodafone have introeduced a 50-MMS bundle for an additional £2 per month, added on to the bill. This will no doubt be attractive to those that use MMS actively or regularly send SMS to groups of more than 3 addressees.

Helpfully, the Vodafone Forum Mods have offered advice on how to obtain this add-on just in case their own CS are unaware ...

To add this to your account, our Customer Service team need to add what we call a "Service Order Code" or SOC for the service. This activates the service and means that it appears on your bill each month. Just in case when you contact your Customer Service team they're not aware of this fab new offer, the SOC to be added is "MMS50", so just give them this code.

Me? I am still not happy that the MMS are not included in the bundle, even if they treat each MMS as three SMS as they used to. This archaic practise of tariff construction should be killed off, it serves no purpose, confuses and alienates the customer.

When MMS comes out on the iPhone and O2 I shall not be using Vodafone to send pictures, and O2 are happy enough for their customers to send group SMS to more than 3 people in any single hit. So it is still a "thumbs down" from me Vodafone!