View Full Version : Unlimited Mobile Broadband - time to stand up and be counted

Hands0n
4th June 2009, 12:54 PM
If, like me, you are puzzled, bemused or downright outraged by the selling practises of the UK's mobile network operators then it really is time to stand up and be counted. In short, time to make it official and complain - otherwise nothing will be done.

All five mobile network operators use the word "Unlimited" to describe one of their mobile broadband propositions. Perhaps the meanest is Vodafone with their 500MB limit on their Unlimited service. But none of the other mobile network operators are immune, they all follow the practise.

I am registering a formal complaint against the use of "Unlimited" by the mobile network operators generally, but Vodafone in particular. Generally, the way OFCOM works, they do nothing much except collect statistics on the complains and when they reach a certain level they will approach the company and follow up with them, usually quite effectively.

So, if you want to be part of the revolution :D do this ...

If you want to complain to Ofcom please call us on 020 7981 3040 or 0300 123 3333.

Ben
4th June 2009, 02:03 PM
Hmm, good stuff. Let me know how your call goes and what sort of language you use and I'll ring up and do the same.

"Unlimited" being used to describe a service with limits has absolutely got to stop.