View Full Version : iPhone to be Available on Monday in Apple Stores?!

Hands0n
7th June 2009, 01:33 AM
I'll be happy with iPhone software 3.0 myself. But this is an intriguing snippet of speculative news ... very cool if true.

Apple may make limited quantities of the new iPhone available at Apple stores on Monday, June 8th, according to a GearLive report.

Yes, you will be able to pick up the next version of the iPhone on Monday, if you get to an Apple Store before they sell out.

GearLive says that the new device will be available in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB models. They believe a 4GB model is in the works; however, it won't be sold at Apple Stores. The report confirms many of the previous rumors such as: auto-focus camera, compass, two cameras (one on front one on back), and a faster processor.

So, why do I believe the new iPhone Video will be released on Monday? Well, iPhone betas were coming out hot and heavy every couple of weeks, and stopped after beta 5. I am totally convinced that iPhone 3.0 is done, and ready to be made available at WWDC.

Source: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4121

gorilla
7th June 2009, 10:46 AM
I wonder what the cost will be to existing iPhone owners?

Ben
7th June 2009, 10:47 AM
I can't see it myself, but I could be completely wrong. :)

getti
7th June 2009, 10:50 AM
All i can say is sometime last week i think i had a serious knock to the head. Cause i'm now not fussed what Nokia have, wont be getting the N97 or the N86 as it stands now and i am really looking forward to seeing what Apple announce tomorrow!

miffed
7th June 2009, 11:11 AM
GearLive says that the new device will be available in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB models. They believe a 4GB model is in the works

This part removes a little credibility for me , I can't see Apple wanting to produce 4 different sizes ! They dropped the original 4GB after a few months - And I suspect the only reason they continued with an 8GB was to provide a lower price point option.
I can see a new iPhone being 16GB/32GB (for the same reason) but not a 4 /8 /16 & 32 !!

Ben
7th June 2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I can imagine 16GB/32GB and maybe, just maybe, a 4GB PAYG. Four sizes doesn't seem to make much sense. But Steve has been off for a bit, so who knows ;)

Hands0n
7th June 2009, 02:11 PM
Well, we find out tomorrow :eek:

getti
7th June 2009, 02:36 PM
I have just spent about 3 hours watching MacWorld, WWDC and the special event.

Im turning into a Mac Head overnight! :D

Hands0n
7th June 2009, 03:20 PM
It is pretty contagious :)

@NickyColman
7th June 2009, 03:40 PM
LOL @ this thread!

Funnily enough, i walked past my local O2 Store yesterday only to find it was "closed for refurbishment". The windows were completely blanked out with O2 wallpaper and a note on the door said "come back monday morning- Thanks".

Now the store was only refurbished just before Xmas. So naturally my mind went into overdrive thinking they were preparing new displays for the new iPhone. Then i got a grip. lol

miffed
7th June 2009, 04:29 PM
LOL , I really want to think there is something in that :D , but thinking about it , We won't get any announcement till 6pm here in the UK , so any o2 store display would probably not surface till Tuesday !

Getting very exciting now ! haven't had a new phone since last August !!

chagle
7th June 2009, 05:14 PM
Blimey, will Apple really release an iPhone so quickly? Mm, I'm not so sure - BUT I do hope so!

I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket. I just hope there's an upgrade path from the iPhone 3G. ;)

a_ukboy
8th June 2009, 02:47 PM
Well I have spoken to o2 CS and they said yes the new software is due for official release today, I asked them about new iPhone and they said they've not been told a new handsets on the way!

miffed
8th June 2009, 04:15 PM
Would be nice !:D

MrBriz
8th June 2009, 04:26 PM
Hmmm... so if 3.0 comes out today when do you think we'll be downloading it? After WWDC? Some time around 8pm?

miffed
8th June 2009, 04:49 PM
Hmmm... so if 3.0 comes out today when do you think we'll be downloading it? After WWDC? Some time around 8pm?

Not sure TBH , I don't think there has been a hard fast rule WRT firmware updates , I remember one (maybe 1.1.4 ? ) supposedly being launched on a particular date , but not being actually available (for me , at least) till around 11am that day - Whereas others have been instantly available - Actually IIRC I got the leaked version of 2.0 a day early , not heard anything about leaked links for 3.0 though

We'll all know soon enough !! :D

miffed
8th June 2009, 05:30 PM
The Apple store is down - always a good sign !! :D