View Full Version : o2 and Voda site sharing

a_ukboy
10th June 2009, 11:53 AM
Ok, does anyone know whats happening here and when its gonna become live? is it ristricted to to just 3g reception?

Basically im on o2 with iphone and where i work has no o2 coverage for miles around, now the other day when speaking to the network services team at o2 they asked me to try doing a manual search and selecting Voadfone :confused: of course it didn't work but would be great if it did, Voda have great coverage there, but 2g only!! just thought it was a bit weird of network services to ask me to do that.
TBH i'm pretty peed with o2 regading this, my office is in Surrey and even Three have 3g coverage within my office, i get no signal for about 6 miles around the office, when i connected to o2 i got told i will get coverage, not great but i will get it, wrong!! of course i was away from the office for 4 weeks when i connected to o2, so well past my 14 days, then after i logged the complaint last year i got told it will improve early 2009 and of course it hasn't, and no sign anytime of any improvement... A bit poor me thinks for even 2g coverage in not that rural part of Surrey, infact i find o2 signal in he south very poor..

I need my phone for work, i keep getting into lots of trouble with my bosses who think i keep turning my phone off.

Hands0n
10th June 2009, 01:35 PM
You may have a case against O2 similar to the chap who escaped his Orange contract for similar reasons this year. What does O2s coverage checker say about your work area. These checkers are hopelessly optimistic but can be cited as contributory to your selection of O2.

It's worth investigating, especially now that the precedent has been established.

Hands0n
10th June 2009, 01:35 PM
You may have a case against O2 similar to the chap who escaped his Orange contract for similar reasons this year. What does O2s coverage checker say about your work area. These checkers are hopelessly optimistic but can be cited as contributory to your selection of O2.

It's worth investigating, especially now that the precedent has been established.

a_ukboy
3rd July 2009, 08:50 AM
Well after 2 months of ongoing issues i have been told by o2 that nothing can be done and service will not be improved here, they agree that there is a major network issue in this area but won't do anything to fix this, my only hope for improvement is the network sharing project, but no one can state when new sites will go live.
The only thing i got told i could do is get a pay as you go sim on another network and divert my calls to it... Hmmmm Thanks o2....

Think once my contracts up its bye bye o2..

Will be searching in a few months how to unlock the Iphone 3GS without jailbraking.

Hands0n
3rd July 2009, 11:00 AM
Now you have an admission from O2 you could ask them to let you out of the contract early and without penalty. The legal precedent has been set with an Orange customer. O2 wouldn't want to go to court and lose!

solo12002
3rd July 2009, 09:01 PM
"I need my phone for work, i keep getting into lots of trouble with my bosses who think i keep turning my phone off."

More the fool you. there is no legal requirement for an employee to buy or provide a mobile phone so the employer can contact them.

Wise up inform your employeer if they want to contact you then suply you with a mobile phone that has coverage withi their work area. If im reading your post correctly the mobile is yours , its in your name and there is no legal requirement for you to use it for work, or to keep it on at work!

Ben
3rd July 2009, 09:16 PM
More the fool you. there is no legal requirement for an employee to buy or provide a mobile phone so the employer can contact them.
I'm glad you don't work for me :p

3g-g
3rd July 2009, 11:13 PM

Wise up inform your employeer if they want to contact you then suply you with a mobile phone that has coverage withi their work area. If im reading your post correctly the mobile is yours , its in your name and there is no legal requirement for you to use it for work, or to keep it on at work!

Couldn't agree more! I despise business that tries to weasel out of spending the cash and putting the blame on the employee, as if it's their issue about being contacted outside of work, for work purposes! I'm all for company loyalty, however, that's a two way street. Work want to contact you, they provide you with the means to do so... Hell, I've two phones and a bleeding Vodafone pager :eek: from my work so they can get hold of me, which they supplied and pay for!

solo12002
3rd July 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm glad you don't work for me :p

LOL

You do anything to save money to buy something for one of your two BMWs. sorry Im HR so I know about legal employment issues.

a_ukboy
4th July 2009, 10:40 AM
"I need my phone for work, i keep getting into lots of trouble with my bosses who think i keep turning my phone off."

LOL... I do if i'm a contractor... This is just one of my bases..

Ben
4th July 2009, 11:43 AM
sorry Im HR so I know about legal employment issues.
Killjoys! :D